The less you know, the better... heh.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sheldon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Dreamsmasher

Quick down and dirty....

My name is Sheldon Bowyer, I am a 36 year old pile of bubble gum hailing from the lame state of West Virginia (yeah, the place where we marry our sisters or some shit...). I am a product of the Marine Corps, I am divorced, and I have a 10 year old son.

I used to have hobbies all over the place, now... not so much. Too much time spent traveling for my son, so in my off-time I now play around with XenForo. I am very opinionated, I believe in the fact there is a huge difference in right and wrong, and I certainly am not afraid of speaking my mind at any given moment.

Not sure if there is anything else you'd like to know. I'm pretty approachable and like helping others with xF. I am currently swamped with customization requests for xF, but I still like to make time for some quick help and unique edits for my fellow site admin's.

If ya got any Q's, feel free to give me a shout.

Big al and cpvr like this.
  2. Sheldon

Sheldon Dreamsmasher

Oh, and I hate that "author" thing on the side. Looks ridiculous compared to the rest of the site. It just flat out doesn't match.

3. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Welcome Sheldon. I have seen your work and love what you've done. Especially on Lisa's general discussion forum.

I just bought the site and one of the things I have on my todo list is a new design. You wouldn't happen to be available for a side job would you?

4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Should have paid better attention to the post. If you get some free time shoot me a PM so we can talk.

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Dreamsmasher

Here? Or you bought Discussion Junkies?

I'm up for anything. I don't like timelines, etc. Usually, ahem, usually when I work with someone I go all at it, show it, then let them tell me what it is they want or don't want. It seems to work out better that way for me. The sites I have done have pretty much given me free reign to start and roll with what I want. Obviously with input from whoever during the process if it is going too much outside the box. If you'd like, get a "general" idea of what you'd like to see. I have a "Need Customization" thread at xF that shows the majority of what I have done, and I am always wanting to attempt new things. Just give me a shout if you'd like, we can see what we can come up with.

--Sheldon

jmurrayhead likes this.
  6. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Welcome!

Was your drinking water affected by the chemical spill?

7. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I will. That's the way I like it. Give a general idea of what I want and let the person have at it.

8. Sheldon

Sheldon Dreamsmasher

Luckily no.... It is about 2 hours north of me, several of my family members do live there though. It's strange really, this is a major error and not much has been generated in the news about it. I suppose its mainly because of our state. Haha.

I did smell the water, it is like they described... a licorice smell. I am curious how the wildlife will cope... all the fish in the Elk River, as well as the animals that drink from it and live off it. I think there is much more to the story than what anyone is leading on.

9. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

10. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Welcome to the community, how are you doing?