That One Nation/That One Forum

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Ben, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Ben

Ben Regular Member

First of all, thank you for taking the time to look at this thread, please continue reading to learn more about my site!

What is That One Forum (TOF)?
    That One Forum is an online community for everyone. We have discussion boards ranging from General Gaming to Movies and Music. You can also review your favorite games and debate hot topics.

What is That One Nation (TON)?
    TON is the official site of That One Forum. You can upload cool pictures, download and upload files, create your own blog, and much, much more! (This is the newest addition to That One Forum)

Sounds cool, where do I join?
    Joining is free. Just go here:
    That One Forum

And click on register. Fill out the information and you're done! (Please note that you must use a valid email; you are required to validate it before being able to post) Log in, and start posting.

If you would like to visit That One Nation, simply go here:
    That One Nation

Oh, and forgive the current theme, if you don't like it. I'm currently looking into a custom theme which will look much better.

See you there!
    blh654

(Still don't know whether or not to join That One Forum? Simply post your questions in this thread, and I'll get back to you ASAP.)

2. Ben

Ben Regular Member

3. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

MyBB isn't that bad, but the skin you're using really doesn't make it look good...

You have 2000+ members, I suggest upgrading your forum software to something like vBulletin or IP.Board, they deserve the best after all, if you can't afford the software, ask for donations or stick up ads...

As for content, you have a very wide range of topics and subject matter, but this is good, and a potential advertiser would love it..

One thing which strikes me is that you have two banners displayed on your portal, and the side columns look very squashed..

Overall looks like an active forum, but you could improve the look.

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

MyBB isn't bad at all, and why would he have the need to move? There are LARGE MyBB forums out there, so MyBB can handle, plus MyBB is one of the best softwares so they are already getting *the best*.

Just wanted to point that out.

@ Ben The LiteBlu theme doesn't go with the forum, maybe you should keep an eye on the themes me and Dave will release on our Design site. It's not yet opened 'cause we are customizing it to the max for the users to have a pleasant visit.

For now, may I suggest trying themes from ivGeo?

5. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

Once you go vB, you never go back :) (j/k)

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

He had vB then he went to MyBB.

7. Ben

Ben Regular Member

@Mikey: We had vBulletin before, but a couple weeks ago the site was hacked. I'm currently still working on fixing up what happened and why it wouldn't work when fresh files were uploaded overwriting the hacked files.

@FMB: I'll look into ivGeo's themes - thanks!

EDIT: Looking at them right now, what do you suggest would go well with my forum? I like them all, but it would help to have your input as well.

8. Chris

Chris Regular Member

It looks nice overall. :)

It's a bit "modification happy", meaning that there are quite a few additional modifications and/or plugins installed that the board could do without. For example: it looks live you've bridged the forum with MKPortal. To be perfectly honest, I've never been too fond of their portal management script and as such, I feel that combining this with MyBB is hindering the community somewhat.

9. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

Most likely a SQL overwrite of one of your templates. Most likely header, headinclude or FORUMHOME. The exploit was probably through one of your addons or you're using an outdated version. Fix isn't hard though.