Talk Grounds - Brand New Social Forum

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Sedat, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Sedat

Sedat Regular Member

ai.imgur.com_qoADOfd.png
    Talk Grounds is a brand new way to get socialized!
    Make new friends, get rid of boredom and most importantly, enjoying your time at TG.

After weeks of development by just me, Talk Grounds went finally live.
    It's an empty forum right now. My biggest mission now is to get members.
    Right now I'm making some fake accounts.. horrible job :bored:

If you're interested, then please take a look and join! And of course, share it with your friends :)

Any feedback or critique is greatly appreciated!

2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Good luck with your new online community! Are you open to doing post exchanges?

3. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

A link might help ;)

Brandon likes this.
  4. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Hmm..."a brand new way to get socialized". See here for what socialization means.

I know what you actually mean, but I really don't think that is the best way to emphasize a better way to be social. I would say the majority of people here are already socialized.;)

Also, what is better or new about how to be social on your site? (yes, and a link might help).

Scott

5. Sedat

Sedat Regular Member

This is a big fail :ROFL: Anyway here you go guys http://talkgrounds.com/
    Sure! PM me if your still interested :)
    Thanks for the lesson :)
    Well, it's just a sentence to get the members stay. Here's the link http://talkgrounds.com/
    I'm thinking of creating my own addons and modifications to make it more social media-ish.

Anyway, please tell me what to do to improve my forum! Thanks guys :)

Big al and zappaDPJ like this.
  6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

You know, it took me a minute or two to be sure you were using XenForo. If I can't recognise the software that usually indicates a lot of effort has been put into the look and feel and it does look like you've put a lot of thought into making your site unique which is a great start.

Looks good, I think your choice of niche will be a challenge but from what I've seen I think you might well succeed so I wish you every success with it.

Big al likes this.
  7. Sedat

Sedat Regular Member

Thanks for the kind words! And your right, it is going to be a big challenge.. but hey, I like big challenges ;)

Big al likes this.
  8. s.molinari

That is an interesting (fairly) flat style. I'll say good work for the effort put in. It is obvious, you've worked hard on it.

I am borderline on whether I like it or not. It has a modern yet retro look. I like that.

The only thing I can suggest is look a bit more at the contrasting colors. The more contrasting the overall colors there are, and you have several, the harder it is on the eyes and I'd say, that is what deters me from liking the design. It sort of hurts my eyes. But I am 48 years old with 48 year old eyes.:D Still yet, I'd suggest heading even more towards pastel like colors and less towards the neon like colors.;)

As for the niche. zappaDPJ is absolutely right. Actually you don't seem to have any niche in particular and that is what he meant. Your niche is no niche.

I have been in the online community business for almost 13 years now and I've noticed only a very small "general chat" forums ever get off the ground. I believe a forum must have a specialized topic to be found, seen and enjoyed the most and grow the quickest doing it. That, I would say, is actually rule #1 for a forum to be successful quickly. You must be specialized about a specific topic. And, you must be, or have people, very knowledgeable in that topic making content i.e. answering questions or posting tidbits like "Tips and Tricks" or "How-Tos" or generally demonstrating specialized knowledge about your niche topic. That is when you will get traction fairly fast.

At any rate, all the luck and fortune to you and welcome to the world of online community owners.:)

Scott

Big al likes this.
  9. Sedat

Sedat Regular Member

Thanks @s.molinari
    Yes I've been thinking to do the colours a little bit more darker, believe me I had tears on my eyes when I was working around with the colors :P
    General chat forum, that's what I'm aiming for. Neither I know any forums that are general (no niche), so I thought it would be amazing to be the ''first'' one. That's why I call it a ''Social Forum'' :) This could be really big IMO.

Also I have an EXTREME GOOD news! My website is on the #1 page on Google with over more then 107.000.000 results. And the domain name is like 4-5 weeks old. :D

I'm going to aim the big keywords like ''Forum'', ''Social Forum'' and ''Bored'' etc.

Wish me luck :)

10. s.molinari

Why do you think there aren't that many general chat forums? It's not because of not trying. It's because it doesn't work. Well, it is very hard to get established. Once such a forum works though, and has enough unique content and users, then it could work. I am not saying it won't work. I am just saying, it is much harder to get established.

Here is some competition for you, which I just found searching for "general forum".

http://www.generalforum.com/forums.php

What are you searching for, when you get the 107 million results and are #1?

Scott