Taking a temporary leave of absence.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Well guys it has finally happened, after counting down the years, months, week, days, hours, minutes, and seconds I am on the verge of moving. I will be leaving my home of 20 years in Brooklyn to move into Pennsylvania.

I will be moving out on Thursday and from now on I will be a resident of Pennsylvania. I have to return my cable modem tomorrow so I won't have my Internet connection until Thursday. Luckily the cable guys up there setup my cable modem in the new home so I just got to connect it to my router.

But since I will be so busy with the move and setting up my wireless network/computers I probably won't be back until Friday or Saturday.

Once I get settled I will show you guys some pictures. Anyway this is probably my last post in Brooklyn so see you guys soon :wave:.

2. Faithwulfe

Faithwulfe Regular Member

good luck with the move mate, your brave moving so close to xmas :P

3. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

have fun kid

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hold on to that Brooklyn accent, Chris. Enjoy God's country!

5. Pyxidragon

Pyxidragon Regular Member

Miss ya', hon. Come back soon.

6. Nightwolf04

Nightwolf04 Regular Member

Good luck Chris!

7. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

you back yet

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Lenny has been so lonely since you have been gone Chris that he talked me into cutting this video with him. For the record, he is the one doing the pole dancing! ;)

Dedicated to

9. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

only he understands me

10. Guest

Guest Guest

MRSD understands you, lenny, but she has gone on a quest to Oz in search of ruby red slippers! So you will just have to learn to be patient until she returns to Kansas!

11. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

i am so misunderstood.i wanna cry

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I am finally back. The last few days have been very busy so it took me longer to get back than I expected. I have my wireless network setup on Friday and my desktop today so I decided to get back into the bash.

The move took about 10 hours to complete and the movers worked fast so it wasn't that bad getting here. But the traffic on the way up sucked. It took us days to fully unpack and we still got a storage locker filled nearly to the roof with boxes of our stuff that we will so been removing and unpacking here so we are still far from over with unpacking.

Thursday and Friday were also hard on the animals, the cats kept playing hide and go seek and two or three times we got worried to death that they ran out. The spent most of that day in small carriers. Now they seem to have found there spots and are acting normal again. The dog just hung around us, he seems to like it here.

Our new living room set came on Friday and the room looks so great that it looks like a display piece. It's really cool, all the seats recline and we got a huge HDTV LCD TV to watch.

The new cable service is great also, we got a DVR with a multi room option. So the main box in the living rooms records what we want and we can watch it on any TV in the house. I have used this feature allot in the past few days and I am glad we got it.

Everything is now coming together and its great to be here. It's very peaceful and beautiful here. At night it gets so dark that when we drive we got to use the high beams but its not that bad.

On Friday night their was a deer across the road watching us back out of the garage. I came within 6 feet of it and the bumper of our car, no problems it was cool.

So thats about it for the time being, I got to go back in the front yard in another 10 minutes to setup a few Christmas decorations. We got one of those inflatable snow men, its 8 feet tall. So I will try and be back in a few hours once I am done for the day and get back to my old bashing.

Also I will try and include some pictures from here when I get a chance.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

WELCOME BACK, SONNY! Glad everything is going well! Watch out for the "wild" life, OK? The deer will keep you entertained for ever! Any snow? Our snow has melted and the only hint of it is a large lump on the lawn where Frosty once stood. LOL The rest of the grass on the lawn is still green! And it is December 17 th! Amazing!!

14. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

hey chris ,i missed you buddy,,look at my new card

15. Guest

Guest Guest

He couldn't help not seeing it! LOL

16. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

17. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm outta here for the evening. Later guys!

19. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

20. mr.nice

mr.nice Regular Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014