Something screwy with the font in the Promotion section?

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Ashley, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Okay, when I go to bump up our stats for CT in the promotion section, the numbers are easily readable, but then you hit the space bar or enter after doing the status end of it, and for a while everything was just in the bold font, but it wasn't long before it sort of got faded out and now it's almost hard to read except for the numeral statistics. Here's CT's promotion topic to show you what I'm talking about: http://admin-talk.com/threads/chatting-time.52/page-9

I just think that's really bizarre that one minute it's easy to read and make out, and the next you can't make anything out at all except the posts, topics and member counts. Kind of strange if you ask me. I was just wondering if this isn't perhaps a glitch in the software, or what's going on?

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Are you saying that thread didn't look like that the last time you're here?
    If the font for the site had changed, then this post here would change as well and every though I've only been here a short time, everything looks correct to me?

Maybe a screenshot would help :)

thx

3. Mikey

Mikey Mikeylicio.us

He's talking about the font change mid post.

Ashley, with the WSIWYG editor, you will find that anything that you copy in from another site will retain its own style as it was on the other site, it's just the nature of WSIWYG.

For example, if you copy this text from the post into the editor, it should keep its formatting.

4. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

No, it didn't. If you go back to even page one of my promo topic, you will see that the text is fine and easy to make out. But then a few pages down the road, you will see that the text is lighter compared to the first few pages. Perhaps I should start bolding it and see if that helps make it easier to read?

Mikey, I am a female, not a male.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I think Mikey has it though.
    The font of the post hasn't changed, & that thread isn't using our default font.

the font and color of my post ^^ is the default one
    I'm guessing you might be copying and pasting from a word doc or something?

6. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Ashley, everyone else is correct regarding the formatting, if you have been copying/pasting your promotion bump message for CT from other sites, it will carry over their formatting of the posts as that's the whole point of the WYSIWYG editor ;)

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  7. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

I don't copy anything from any other site unless it's a long post and I want to make sure I'm telling the same story. All I copy are the post count, topic count, member count, and then just write what I put on other forums. I'll have to try edit it next time I do a status update and see if that helps.

8. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    If you want to turn off the editor while you're pasting, click the little a/A in the top right of your editor box.
    That will remove any formatting you may have in your post

9. Ashley

Ashley Regular Member

Awesome. Will be bumping up stats on Thursday so I'll have to remember that. Thanks.