WTB Seeking someone for forum set-up and technical admin!

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by Fergal, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Fergal

Fergal Regular Member

I'd like to work with someone to set up a new forum. The person chosen would be responsible for installing and setting up the forum. This would include adding a theme (either a custom one or a downloaded one) and doing some basic customization. Basically I am looking for someone who will handle the technical administration of the forum.

The Admin selected should have a strong knowledge of one type of forum software. However, please note that you don't need to be a graphic designer.

You can be paid for your work or alternatively we may agree some kind of partnership agreement.

If this is of interest to you, please let me know the forum software you prefer to work with and show me some links to forums you have worked on in the past.

Thanks!

Bundy and Brandon like this.
  2. BlckBrd103

BlckBrd103 Regular Member

I'd be interested in this, I have some experience with xenForo, my forum was on MyBB for almost a year & now it's on EsoTalk, I've been hired on multiple occasions to install forum software on an individuals server as well as slightly customize it.

Fergal likes this.
  3. NotoriousMK

NotoriousMK Regular Member

I've been looking for similar. I've been running my own software for about 9 years, i've worked with VB, IPB and will start playing with Xenforo...I know my way around anything VB and i've installed for me, others and helped on vbforum. :) what's your website about?

Fergal and Brandon like this.
  4. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

Fergal likes this.
  5. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I've been with vBulletin for 7 years now and been playing with Xenforo since the beginning. I manage my own boards, one of which is Our DJ Talk. I don't list client's board publicly due to privacy concerns.

I can handle all you need and more.

Big al likes this.
  6. Fergal

Fergal Regular Member

Thanks everyone for your interest and replies. I got involved in some offline work out of town recently and this put a little bit of delay on this project. However, I will be looking at it in the near future and will contact you should I require further info at that time.

Thanks again!

BlckBrd103 likes this.
  7. Programmers World

Programmers World Regular Member

I have knowledge of phpBB, but that is it, and since so few people seem to like phpBB, I suppose that my knowledge is probably useless. If you think not, please let me know.

8. Fergal

Fergal Regular Member

Thanks for your reply Programmers World, personally I think phpBB is great software. I will let you know if I need further info or have questions in the future.

9. Programmers World

10. Liam W

Liam W The best of the best ;)

Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    First Name:
    Liam
    I'm good with xenForo. Decent amount of addons, average of a 5 star addon rating on xenForo resources.

Have my own forum that is going OK right now. Know my way around a VPS/Linux system :)

Liam

Cons:

I'm 15
    School takes up time

Fergal likes this.
  11. Fergal

Fergal Regular Member

I've recently started a new forum and chosen someone to work with on that. However, I may start another new forum in the near future and I will review everyone's interest again then.

Thanks for your reply @Liam W. Your age isn't a "con" I'd love to be that age again :) Well done on everything you have achieved and the skills you have learned at such a young age. The world is your oyster.

Brandon, Big al and Liam W like this.
  12. Programmers World

I have knowledge of phpBB installations, hand-performed MOD installations since AutoMOD = dangerous, and upgrading.

13. Fergal

Fergal Regular Member

Thanks Programmers World, I will consider that if taking someone on again in the future.