Removing Inactive Moderators?

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Kaiser, May 10, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

For me if the moderator has been apart of the staff for along time and has contributed a lot, I usually give them a period of 3 weeks before removing them, and thats considering they didn't notify me before leaving. But if they let me know than its fine considering how long of a leave it will be.

As for newly hired moderators I give them about 4 days tops.

When do you remove a moderator after they are Inactive?

2. Bamboo

Bamboo Regular Member

When hiring staff I always make sure to tell them if they're going to be away for 2 or more days to always post about it in the "Going Away" section in the staff area.

As, if a moderator is inactive for more then 8 days I normally remove them due to the inactivity. But if they come back and they have a reason for being away with out notice I normally give them the rank back.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, if they have a good and valid reason behind why they left I will give them their title back as well. But I have had this happen to me many times in the past and the excuses were pretty lame. I can tell when someone is lying or telling the truth.

4. PosterLuis

PosterLuis Regular Member

If they don't tell me before leaving, i remove it about 2-3 weeks later. If they come back witha GOOD reason for the leaving without warn, than i give it back.

5. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

I would remove them after 1/2 weeks if they have not been active ever. The reason why is because of staff not turning up all week and I just remove instead of shouting on skype or typing on msn with caps.

6. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Yes I would remove them, as why should they deserve the title of "moderator" if they are not doing their jobs?

7. AbuTaj

AbuTaj Regular Member

I've never had a newly hired moderator do that to me, so not sure how long I'll give the first. For long term people, if I know what's going on I'll be lenient. If they just disappear, though. They still have a month or two.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, and then when we remove them somehow we are the bad guy :P

9. Seahunter

Seahunter Regular Member

Even though they are usually volunteers, you hired them to be an administrative assistant on your forum. If they are not performing their duties (with no excuse) then they should be politely let go.

10. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

I don't have a set policy. Generally moderators don't just disappear unless it's on a forum that frequently puts out applications and will take on practically anybody who wants it. If it's a regular member who has been around a long time, chances are, they'll at least give warning if they're going to have to take off.