Promotions / vbExperience

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by TClaunch, Jan 29, 2010.

1. TClaunch

TClaunch Newcomer

First Name:
    Taylor
    I got vbExperience for my forums and was wondering if it was worth it to use it for promotions only? Or should I stick with vBulletin's default promotions?

All promotions are based off of posts except one, which is a paid usergroup. I WAS planning on using the awards and achievements system, but I'm trying to create a professional forum and feel the the awards and achievements would make it slightly childish, or would cause unwanted battles or competitions that don't need to be around...

What do you think?

Or do you know of a better promotion system that I could use? Maybe something with more options that just based on posts.

EDIT: Didn't want to create a new topic for this... but I had another question. How the hell do I make a dropdown menu for vbulletin? lol.. I followed the guide that was on vBulletin's forums, but my navigation is in my header and doesn't have the hooks from navbar.

I'm also not looking for the vBulletin default ones like UserCP/Community/Quick Links, I'm looking for a mouseover drop down. I've tried multiple CSS dropdowns, but they either mess up the forums, or just don't work... Some have javascript.. how do I add javascript to vBulletin? .. I hate to sound like a noob, but this has been bothering me for some time now.

2. TClaunch

TClaunch Newcomer

First Name:
    Taylor
    Anybody? Anything? =(

3. Trip

Trip Novice

Dynamicdrive.com has all kinds of different types of drop down menus you can shoe horn into your community.

4. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I suggest using vBCredits instead of vBExperience. You will have more ability to do stuff to keep it "professional"

5. TClaunch

TClaunch Newcomer

First Name:
    Taylor
    I eventually found two different ones that seem to work, be it a lot of recoding and changing around.. Thanks though =D I'll keep that site in mind.

I've tried vBCredits.. I dunno, just.. something about that I couldn't stand. It felt professional, but vBExperience seemed to have more features. I'll try credits again and see where I can get from there. Thanks.

6. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

With John backing it up, its amazing. Throw in vBCommerce, (soon to be) vBCustomizer, vBAdvertise, and all the plugins, it works phenomenal.

7. TClaunch

TClaunch Newcomer

First Name:
    Taylor
    EDIT: I actually just realized that vBAdvertise does this... but I'm not really looking to spend $125 on something so simple... No offense if he's on this forum, but that's a hefty price.

Hmm, speaking of Advertise... Do you know of a product that allows.. Well, this is hard to explain without a long explanation, lol.

I'm running a web development + internet marketing website and I'd like to have something that allows my users (of certain usergroups) to advertise on my forum. By advertise on my forum, I mean, a small application process that allows them to upload their 468x60 advert, give it a title and url, etc and it automatically goes to a specific spot on my forums.

I don't know how else to really explain it. I guess like an automated affiliate system so users can advertise without too much managing.

This isn't a major issue, as I can create my own easily, but it'll all be manual with adding the code to the advertisement system I'm already using I was just hoping for an automated one. =D

8. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I didn't realize it was $125. I bought it when it was on sale. :cool:

It does what you want AND more.