Programmer's World Forums

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Programmers World, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Programmers World

Programmers World Regular Member

The Programmer's World Forums is a forum for those that are either interested in learning to program, want to help others learn how to program, or want to sharpen their existing skills. On The Programmer's World Forums, you can ask questions, get answers, and share your programming projects. There is also a web development section for those that are not so good with programming, but like designing websites. Tell your friends to come to the Programmer's World Forums with all of their programming and web development knowledge! Check us out at www.programmersworld.elementfx.com!​

2. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

I like the idea. I have seen the forum but there aren't much topics there yet. Hope it grows because that's a site I would like to use myself.

3. Programmers World

Thanks for joining! I noticed that you joined, and I have the same hopes as you. I am looking to merge other programming forums with mine to make an even larger user-base (did anyone see the post that I made in the marketplace?), but so far, nobody has responded, even though I have posted that offer on multiple other forums.

4. thebrad

thebrad Regular Member

I don't personally like it
    - Need proper domain
    - Colour is not great
    - Change the theme?
    - Add some more content like tutorials etc.

All i can see.

5. Programmers World

I agree with everything you said, but it is just not possible, here's why.
    - I do not have money for a proper domain.
    - I know the color isn't good, I have been consider alternative shades of green, but I do not know exactly what I want to do.
    - Yes, the default phpBB theme sucks, I just do not know how to write a good theme.
    - As I come up with ideas for tutorials, I add them, but I am not very creative when it comes to ideas.

6. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

You can get a domain for about $10 at Godaddy. You can also search for "Godaddy coupon codes" at Google and you'll easily find codes to grab a domain for as low as $0.99 (or $1.99~$2.49). Maybe you don't have that money right now but keep in mind that you only need to spend that much to get your own domain.

As for the color scheme I feel the same about it. That green is screaming to me every time I enter the site.

7. Programmers World

I will ColorizeIt later on. I have had the ugly green for some time now, and I think it is time that I do something about it.