OKJT Is Closing

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Dan Hutter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry to announce that OKJT in it's current incarnation is closing. I just don't have the time for it anymore. I've worked out a deal with Brandon Sheley, a buddy of mine who runs several forums to fold OKJT's members, threads, and posts into a new sub-forum on his board. Brandon is really a good guy we've worked together a number of times. I'm confident that General Forums will be a good home for you guys. In addition to the Karaoke board there's a myriad of forums and topics for you all to jump into there. I'm a regular poster at GF and will still be able to annoy you folks. :smilepill:

We don't have a date set in concrete yet. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, it will be early next month though. Anyone who doesn't wish to have their data moved over can ask to have their account removed. I'll remove the account but the posts stay as Guest.

Yous are all still welcome at ODJT however the Karaoke forum will not be reopening over there.

Thank you,
    Dan

2. Kevin That 70s Guy

Kevin That 70s Guy Regular Member

That is a shame Dan. I just joined and will be sad to see it go.

3. Diafel

Diafel Regular Member

Will it be similar to the move here from ODJT? In that I mean will all posts and members be migrated over there from here? If that's the case, then no one has to say good bye!

4. KjAthena

KjAthena Regular Member

Thank you Big Dan for all the time and effort you have put forth. I will miss all the friends I have made here. This site helped me a lot from the first day I found it. Anyone that would like to keep in touch please PM me for my email.

5. rumbolt

rumbolt Regular Member

Will be watching for the move.

6. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Yes, all posts and threads will remain intact.

7. Mantis1

Mantis1 Regular Member

Thanks Dan!

Can't believe all hell hasn't broken loose!

8. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hello Everyone!

I'm looking forward to this merger, you guys will have your own subforum in our entertainment section. :smilepill:

-Brandon

9. Thunder Hag

Thunder Hag Regular Member

Well I had never been to the new site before Brandon posted the link. I like it, I look forward to the move. I just hope the rest of the family here on OKJT will follow. Thanks for starting the forum for us Dan!

10. JoeChartreuse

JoeChartreuse Regular Member

While I'm not happy about OKJT closing, I certainly understand it.

Dan, many thanks for your hard work, major time donation, and extreme patience. You are greatly appreciated. Good Job!

11. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Thanks Joe. :)

12. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

The move will be happening one evening this week. Brandon and I haven't set a solid date but most likely Wednesday or Thursday. At that point ourkjtalk.com will take you to your new home. Your user name and password will be the same over there.

13. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Everything has been moved over. :)

14. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Thanks for giving us a home Brandon. :)

15. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

Welcome everyone :)

16. Bazza

Bazza Regular Member

So let me understand. You moved the KJ forum from OurDJ talk because it was supposedly too popular...then killed it off.

Brilliant.

Or perhaps that was the plan all along.

17. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

That wasn't the plan and frankly given all the time and energy I sunk into OKJT, I'm a little offended by the comment. I don't know where you got 'because it was to popular'. Any webmaster worth his salt wouldn't split off a popular forum and lose traffic on the main site. Yes, it was popular but only for the train wrecks. The KJ forum was split off mainly due the amount of complaints the piracy threads generated. I took money out of my pocket to you give you guys your own sandbox and basically placate everyone. I wanted to make OKJT just like ODJT but the community just wasn't there. We basically became a forum where 4 or 5 actually seemed interested in a community and the rest were just worried about beating each other over the head with the endless piracy threads/rants.

Brandon (this site's owner) folding in OKJT is win-win. You guys still have your sandbox. Brandon has a few more members and regular visitors. The only other option in my playbook was just to close OKJT. You guys now have a fresh set of moderators who aren't ingrained in the industry and maybe due to that will have better luck keeping everything in check.

18. JoeChartreuse

JoeChartreuse Regular Member

Still getting used to it, but I'm glad it's here....

19. Bazza

Bazza Regular Member

Yeah, well the feeling is mutual.

The first insult was treating us like lepers and sending us off to our own little island from the original OurDJtalk community. Evidently we aren't "real" DJ's worthy of hanging with the big boys. Now the final insult is to just disown us and hand us off to people who have nothing at all to do with entertainment so you can wash your hands of those low-life Karaoke people.

So it wasn't popular, but you wanted it gone. Got it. Wish granted. Send the "bad son" off to boarding school so you don't have to deal.

We HAD a sandbox. We HAD a community, but you decided that Karaoke wasn't as important as Video DJ's, Ex Radio DJ's and "Bubble Party" hosts. I certainly hope the "Interactive DJ's" don't ever have any controversy or they will be voted off the island as well.

And what exactly is wrong with controversy? Do you only want back-patting compliment threads? Piracy is the hot topic, because it's what is happening in the KJ world. It's reality.

The site had potential. Never did you ask for help or donations, both of which I believe you would have gotten had you tried. Now, it's just a sub-forum of a general catch all for castaways of all kinds (no offense Brandon). Whats the point. It's just another nail in the coffin.

I guess I am supposed to thank you for all your hard work and wish you well as you ride off into the sunset, but I don't feel that way. I feel insulted. To me it's yet another slap in the face to Karaoke.

20. DannyGKaraoke

DannyGKaraoke Regular Member

Bazza, if you haven't noticed it looks like ODJT is headed here too.