Oh wow, way to lose credibility...

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by cheat-master30, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    yeah, i know that, but it wont stop people who do having multiple accounts. also it can make a perfectly innocent person (where that comes into this weirdos forum, i dont know, as the only innocent nice ones are probably us) look like they are using multiple accounts and they might get banned.

if he really was using this, wouldnt it be funny if he got banned for all the multiple accounts he probably has, the whole forum would probably be banned :rofl:

2. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Yeah I'm a little miffed that I haven't been trashed yet either. It isn't for lack of trying! :p

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

To be quite honest, I don't see how the banning has anything to do with IP addresses. When I tried to make a post, it said the post was flagged as spam. It wouldn't let me submit anything. After three attempts, it banned me for attempting to post spam. Nothing to do with my IP address.

Secondly, even if it does have anything to do with an IP address, then I don't see how I was banned because I didn't even try to create a second account.

Thirdly, if accounts were banned based on use of the same IP address, then mrgtb and all of his puppet accounts should be banned. There are only one or two real people on his forum, but the rest are just him.

4. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

Personally, I'm surprised his site is still up. It shares entire movies for goodness sake, and that's no way legal. It also links to a full nulled copy of vBulletin 4, you would have thought their piracy team would have had him booted off his hosting account.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    actually what he's doing is legal
    he's not hosting the files, he only shares the torrent links
    The way eDonkey (eD2k links) work is like any bit torrent that many ppl host the files and only share the links to keep track.
    The fact that he is sharing links with his site in the title does lead you to believe he is hosting the files off his computer.

I think I know who this mrgtb guy is from back in the day when I was into warez and torrents and all that good stuff. If it is him, he hasn't changed much :eek:

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

He has yet to badmouth me. Should I be sad?

:giggle:

7. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

Problem is, that's not legal. Sites like TV Links got shut down and sued for doing that.

8. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    it doesnt sound very legal to me-maybe thats why his forums never last long

9. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Didn't watch-movies.net get shut down various of time because of 'just linking'?

And actually, the bans where not IP based for the most part. You could only have 2 registrations from 1 IP in 24 hours, even when I was banned using Safari, I could register and login fine with Opera, would have happened the same thing if I used Firefox or IE.

10. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

me either, that I know of.

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

LOL, looks like he's switched to vBulletin now. He created a thread and is discreetly blaming his bans on "faulty Aksimet system":

Since he's started with a clean slate and all of the old mumbo-jumbo is gone, I think now is a good time to close this thread and resist the temptation in the future, if it should return. :)

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.