Official vBulletin4 Twitter account hacked?

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    So on Monday December 12th I got this DM from the @vBulletin4 Twitter account suggesting I go checkout the @vBulletin account.
    This was the exact DM I got.

I found out the other day that others got the exact same direct message and I mentioned it here at vBulletin.com.

Well one of the staff members hinted towards the change the account was hacked.

It seems like an off thing to send out if you're going to "hack" another account. I know I wouldn't then spam their followers suggesting they follow the official account.

Smells fishy to me..

2. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

I put Vegas odds on Zachery just not getting a heads up on the DM being sent out by the marketing guys. As mentioned above, it doesn't seem like the type of DM that would be sent if the account was hacked (by any stretch of the imagination).

Personally, it doesn't bother me in the least. An occasional DM (even if broadcast) is no big deal, IMO. If it was too frequent and not delivering something interesting, I might consider un-following after a few go 'rounds. Doesn't seem to be the case here. This social media stuff is still evolving. I'm cool with them testing it out. In fact, I might even enjoy it if there was some really cool news or promo for Twitter followers only, etc. Get out of jail free card here! =)

Brandon likes this.
  3. Iconic

Iconic The Original

I would have thought if you were going to hack into a Twitter account you would come up with something totally different too that.

4. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    If you ever need out in a hurry, brah, I know a couple of cuties with a bail bonding service. :D

Brandon likes this.
  5. Joe Ward

Joe Ward Regular Member

I'm not operating out of Hawaii, brah! ;)