New Forum Ideas

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Brandon, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I'm in the process of bring up an new forum and I want to make sure that I'm picking a good niche to go after. I seen so many boards that have chosen wrong and have failed miserably. Any recommendations on finding a good niche, but not one that is over saturated?

Thanks

2. Joshuad

Joshuad Newcomer

First Name:
    Joshua
    There are very few ideas that haven't been done 10 times over, which is one of the reasons why creating a successful forum is so hard nowadays. Pretty much, you need a unique idea, and advertise the features that no one else has.

3. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    what are your hobbies? what things do you have an interest in?

you cant set up a forum without having passion and an interest in the subject the forum is on

4. Toph

Toph Newcomer

Go after something that's gonna draw a lot of members. It'll have to be something you're interested in of course or else it will be worthless.

Example:

You like entertainment right? Then make a forum about a certain show or movie that has got a lot of attention. These forums usually have a sure spark of members. You'll lose some as the show dies down but you'll pick up a few never say never members that will keep your forum going for the long haul.

Hope this helped you.

5. jpetrie

jpetrie Newcomer

First Name:
    James
    You've just got to promote it better than your competition and offer things that your competition don't. Give users a reason to use your site opposed to the other's.

6. onlineearner123

onlineearner123 Regular Member

i would suggest you to make a forum which would be related to you hobbies or something that you like......because in this way you will get interest in working on ur forum and in this way ur forum can be a success

7. Stu

Stu Newcomer

I read your blog and i suggest to read the information continuously . In this way you get important information which is helpful for you and your problem will be easily solve .
    Thanks for sharing own problem.

8. johnysumner

johnysumner Newcomer

First Name:
    John
    Well there are literally thousands of forums out there in different niches. It would be hard to identify which ones is not saturated yet. Though you can bet that anything that involves earning money, marketing, games would already be very saturated.
    Find a niche which you know best!