Networking For Employment.Com (The Reboot)

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by DaUnknownAdm!n, Sep 20, 2012.

1. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

NetworkingForEmployment.Com is an extension of the Facebook group. As the group grew so did the number of posts, and since you can't "stick" any of the comments in FB, useful information would simply get lost in the shuffle.

We created the site in November '11 but didn't do much with it at the time. We recently turned our attention back to the site. Here are the some recent stats to compare. Prior to August we didn't have G/A installed but again we really didn't have anything, no forums, no posts. Just a CMS homepage with a coming soon image.

For the month of August (1 - 8);
    • Unique Visitors: 984
    • Pageviews: 2,098
    • Bounce Rate: 79.63%
    For the month of September (13 - 19) I have;
    • Unique Visitors: 851
    • Pageviews: 3,380
    • Bounce Rate: 11.05%
    As you can our Unique visits have decrease, while our Bounce Rate and Pageviews are headed in the right direction. We did notice an increase in traffic and better bounce rates once we made the Forums the home page and moved the CMS to Articles.

I've been thinking about installing vBa's Portal as the homepage, but not sure how it would effect our traffic. There's still so much left to do, so prioritizing is definitely a concern.

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions, but remember the site is still being worked on. http://www.networkingforemployment.com/

btw: Brandon might find the style somewhat familiar. ;)

cpvr and Brandon like this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I've always liked it ;)