Need educated??

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Cerberus, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Ok, so is this a XF thing? I make a post and it doesnt show till like 12 hours later and when I click on alerts even if I have new ones they do not show for like 12 hours later?? I have no idea if this is a bug or just how the site works? I am kinda new to XF but just find that odd..

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I make a new post and it shows right away?

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

I think I figured this out.. It seems XF does not like my browser.. I checked the site in IE/Firefox..Works fine.. Chrome/Opera it does not... So its not a site thing or forum thing its a compatibility thing.. In Opera its the worse if you do not manually refresh the page you see nothing till you do it..

My chrome has a ton of addons, my Opera only has 2.. So I am checking the addons and will let you know

Fixed Opera : In the settings you have to set it to check documents always. Default is every 5 hours.

Fixed Chrome: All I did was update to the latest version and it now works...

I hardly ever use IE because I use it for botting... But lol yeah I have educated myself and maybe this will help others

4. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

I think that it's a user issue. I use the official xenforo forums from time to time because I check for the latest info about xenforo upgrades. Nobody over there has reported browser issues such as yours.

5. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    The only time I've found that XF fails to operate properly is when:
    1. I press the back button on my browser by accident and it refreshes, my post is not there in the thread. I then have to refresh the page again to see my most recent post
    2. When the host or my ISP is having loading difficulties and so it cannot correctly load the javascript needed to run XF properly
    otherwise things all seem to be fine for me :confused:

6. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

First of all your title does not make sense, second of all it happened to me aswell

7. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    makes perfect sense to me, the OP was possibly looking for some education about how XF works, secondly, please do not back seat moderate and thirdly going by this post: http://admin-talk.com/threads/need-educated.3798/#post-30601 it appears the OP has fixed it so I am now going to archive this

Brandon and Kaiser like this.