MySocialForum Rules

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by datrue_canadian, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datrue_canadian

datrue_canadian Regular Member

The staff of MySocialForum ask that you follow these simple rules, to ensure your time spent on the site is enjoyable and productive for you :).

No Bullying, Flaming, Trolling:
    We ask you avoid confronting users expressing inappropriate behaviours and instead, use the report feature and a staff member will resolve any issues as soon as possible. Should you need to get ahold of a staff member quickly, you may send us a Private Message(PM), or e-mail via the "Contact Us" link along the bottom of every page. Violators of this rule will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including Permanent Ban as seen fit by MySocialForum staff.

No Spamming, Un-Approved Advertising, or Abuse of Features:
    While we have an advertisement section which you can apply for access to, we, the staff, would appreciate your help in ensuring a fair community for all to enjoy. This means post advertisements only in approved sections, post only per guidelines, and respect other users advertisements. Violators will have their content removed, and risk disciplinary action up to and including Permanent Ban.

No Illegal Content, Discussion, or Posting:
    Please avoid conversations involving Media Piracy, Drugs, Sexually Exlicit content, and anything else that would fall under this category. Our community welcomes minors, and by doing so, we need to respect their innocence. Violators of this rule will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including Permanent Ban.

Avoid Meaningless Posts:
    Our staff reserve the right to remove any and all posts they deem "meaningless and inappropriate". This may result in lowering your individual post count. Please avoid using "one word answers", and comments such as "lollz","lollzy","roflmao", etc for the soole purpose of attempting to get a reaction. These posts will just be removed and the user will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including Permanent Ban as the MSF staff member sees fit.

Avoid "Bumping" Threads Early/Repeatedly:
    We ask that you be respectful of other member's and their threads. While we appreciate you want to ensure your thread is seen/posted within, other member's are in the same boat. We ask that you therefore wait 24 hours before bumping your thread. If your thread has an active discussion going on, it will not require you to bump it ;). Violators will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including Permanent Ban.

No Duplicate/Multiple Accounts:
    Each user is entitled to once account. Should a staff member find that 2 registered accounts contain the same IP address, both members will be subject to disciplinary action. If you require a secondary account, or know a family member who uses this discussion forum from the same internet connection(Computer), please feel free to approach a staff member for assistance. If you have any questions or would like any clarification on the above, please contact a member of the Administration Team(Link). Violators will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including Permanent Ban.

Do Not Abuse Forum Features (i.e. PM system, Rep system, etc):
    These features are provided on a trust basis. While our staff cannot view your private messages, registered members can report them. If we find a user has abused features offered on MySocialForum, they risk having those privileges revoked, as well as risk possible Permanent Ban.

Respect Staff Members and Their Decisions:
    Our staff have been put in their positions for a reason. If you feel a staff member has over-stepped their grounds, please refrain from discussing so in the public forums, and instead send a detailed message to a member of the Administration. A list of Administrators can be found HERE.

What happens on MSF, stays on MSF:
    Skype conversations, group chats, etc which are not held on My Social Forum are subject to disciplinary action up to and including perma-ban. If you have something to say about the site, please share it with us, don't gossip. If something angers you, please use the Private MSF Rant forum. We want your feedback positive and negative, we just want it done in the proper channels. Respect us and we will respect you, no questions there.

Most Important Rule: HAVE FUN!:
    Members found not having fun on the site will be given free candy to cheer them up.
    **legal**: Candy will be given only IF there is a current supply. If no Candy is on hand, staff will attempt to make other offers in the Candy's place :D.

These rules can be edited, changed, modified, deleted, etc at ANY TIME, as seen fit by the MySocialForum staff. We encourage you to refer back to this thread periodically, to ensure a seamless experience.

Regards,

Mike and Michelle

2. BillyG

BillyG Regular Member

I'd like to add one tiny thing here, if I may. A few days ago, I read a post where someone (who shall remain anonymous) used God's name in vain. I think I speak for Mike and Michelle, as well as the majority of the members, that that kind of lauguage is NOT appreciated and it will not be used again, not here. If I see it posted in any forum on this board again, you will receive an infraction. If I see it a second time from the same person, you will be banned indefinitely!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.