Members who abuse smilies

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Kaiser, May 26, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Whats your thoughts on certain members who abuse the smilies on your forum? It has not happened to me on AdminBB yet (As most of the userbase is mature enough), but it happened often on my other forums. How do you deal with it? Do you have a certain restriction for how many smilies can be used in a post?

And example would be:

;);):confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::spam::confused::confused::confused: Hey guys :love::love::love::unsure:

2. Fiona1964

Fiona1964 Regular Member

I don`t have restriction on smiles but my members do not over use then which is I am happy about

3. spencerdizineco

spencerdizineco Regular Member

I wouldn't have a restriction unless a high majority of the forum done that, but I don't normally see a lot of people doing it. If I see a few people doing, I'll give them a suggestion that it looks better with less than the amount they have done.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea, I dont have such restriction either as it hasn't happened but if it does become a problem I will add a rule about it.

5. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    No restrictions about how many you can use per post, but any posts that just consist of a smilie is considered spam and will be dealt with accordingly