Mark Forums Read

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by DRE, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Regular Member

Holy crap at the amount of times I've clicked that button on accident. Why not put the forum home button there instead? Just a suggestion. That place where the button is usually where the home page or forum home page link goes. Clicking on the banner at the top to get to the forum home is not always instinctual. Other than that the site is awesome and I love the sidebar being on the right hand side always. I'd say this is the best looking admin forum I'm on at the moment if it weren't for the racial demographics of the people in the banner being off. lmao

Brandon and ragtek like this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I can't say I've ever clicked that by mistake but now that you mention it I could see how easily it could happen.
    Maybe a suggestion more for @Miner himself, since it's the default placement for the style.
    I'll see what I can do about moving it, thanks for the suggestion @8thos. :thumbsup:

Thanks, we're glad you like it.

..lol
    I'm open to suggestions, I'll see if we can find another stock photo to replace it.

DRE likes this.
  3. DRE

DRE Regular Member

I like how it lights up red. It's a nice theme.

Brandon likes this.
  4. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

While I can see why you can mistake that area. Normally on a stock xenForo installation the placement of the Home/Forum is there. But you have to remember that it's a different skin. The forum button at top stands out, and on hover, it even lights up.
    Ya know, that would be the perfect place to put your own AT logo.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I actually thought about that when other brought it up before but I think a logo would look pretty funny there to be honest.

6. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

I would suggest leaving it up top like that, but simply adding another button to the left of it. So that row would be Home, Mark Forums Read, Search, etc.... Then people will have the Home link where many expect it to be, but it doesn't displace the forum marker area by too much.