Make money with your post on Admin Talk

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by Brandon, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I added this Adsense mod to Admin Talk a while back to test out and everything has been running smooth so I’m ready to make it official. Now anyone that is active on the forum can make money from your threads. I’ll split the profit 50/50 with you on every one of your threads!

ad-rev.png

Google Analytics shows we’re getting about 7,000 visits with 32,000 page views a month. Our threads get indexed quickly, I see the example I used in this post is already indexed with over 200 visits, I’m sure he’s making millions on that post!! j/k..lol You’re not going to make a lot but you might make a few bucks each month, enough for a free 6 pack.

These are the only Adsense banners on Admin Talk, I have a few private vendors but that is it.
    This is the breakdown of who can see and who can add their Adsense code.

• Contributors can place their AdSense code but will not see the ads.
    • Our Staff can place their AdSense code but will not see the ads.
    • Active users can place their own code, but they do see the ads on the forum
    • Regular members cannot place their code and you do see the ads in your post.
    • All guests can see the ads.
    You start off as regular members on the forum, after you make 25 posts, here one week and get one “like” on one of your post; you will be promoted to the active group.

You can get into the Contributors group a few ways, generally I’ll hand pick users that I’ve seen putting out quality content and after I get to know them.

The other way to get in the Contributors group is to pay your way in.
    http://admin-talk.com/account/upgrades

I need to go over the wording still, it’s never been something I’ve tried to push real hard on this site, but you get the idea. This is a lifetime pass but.. if you are being a troll or generally doing something bad, you will be removed. So far I’ve never done that since I’ve been added everything myself, but it may happen at some point.

2. Dy.namik

Dy.namik Regular Member

This really is a brilliant idea, it's very unique to any other webmaster forum I have been on. Keep up the excellent work Brandon! :)

Brandon likes this.
  3. bauss

bauss Regular Member

Great idea. It offers a incentive for members to stick around. Hopefully you'll get more members because of this mod.

Brandon likes this.
  4. BlckBrd103

BlckBrd103 Regular Member

This is an amazing idea! It's a great way to keep members around and to encourage them to keep posting!

Brandon likes this.
  5. Marc

Marc Checkmate - Game Over

Just curious, but how does that work? Do you mean the ads will be rotated...?

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Yes

7. carntheroos4eva

carntheroos4eva Regular Member

Yeah it's a great idea but I reckon what would make vBulletin cooler would be upping their free demos from 3 days to 30 days so that people have the opportunity to use the software. 3 Days isn't enough.
    Also making the older software free would be good for some people.
    It's the same with xenforo.
    That way you get your license for free with the opportunity to upgrade to the newest version. People are getting frustrated at having to pay for a license and then having to forkout a heap of cash for a forum that could be faulty.
    Having Adsense is a good idea but it really doesn't pay an awful lot of money. You have to rely on how many hits your ads get.

8. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Err what?

This is a discussion about monetisation on Admin Talk, not the features in vBulletin/XenForo. I think you've got the wrong thread here.

9. Creaky

Creaky Regular Member

Great idea.

Brandon likes this.
  10. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Although I do believe hard core content deserves reward, I think helping in a forum is a more selfless gesture. I also actually think smacking adverts into single posts would actually lower the value of this site.

And for me personally, I think tacking adverts to my posts

1. actually lowers the value of my own posts, because it is very distracting (I also hate big bannered signatures too).
    2. it actually shows I am whoring my content and it might lead me to produce more unnecessary content that real content, because I can earn more with more BS.

Sorry for the expressions used, but I don't know how to put any other way.

I'd rather see a "This answer solved my problem" system and possibly get rewarded that way. The more I do good and answer people's questions and solve problems, the more I can share in your success....

or something along those lines.

Sorry I can't be positive on this with you all.:(

Scott

Brandon likes this.
  11. attagirl

attagirl Regular Member

Wow Brandon, that is an exceptional way to help the contributors make a few dollars a month. I appreciate the option to even make that happen. I sure hope I can get into that it would be cool to make a few dollars a month just for doing the things I enjoy. I look forward to this in the near future. thanks a lot

Brandon likes this.
  12. Liam W

Liam W The best of the best ;)

Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    First Name:
    Liam
    I saw the adsense code box when I was filling in my profile - I was wondering why it was greyed out (might be wise to add some info to the description saying you need to be an active user).

Well, I'd better get posting then :)

I should be an Active Member by the time I have been registered for a week (which is going to take a while - 604800 seconds to be precise!). Maybe I'll be selected for Contributors before then (unlikely). I would buy my way in, but that money is going towards an xenForo license!

Liam

(P.S When can we start conversations?)

Hang on, you said you can get into Contributors a few ways - you've only said 2. What's the third one?

Also, what is classed as quality content?

13. fermlour

fermlour Regular Member

but something so interesting! when I was filling my data saw the coffin adsense and was not even realize what it was, but I guess I can not create a new adsense account, since I was already banned once: \

14. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I'm going to remove this mod to allow us more options to advertise. It's not making but a few cents a week even with active users. I need to create more income for Admin Talk to we can do a few custom items that will really draw users in. Far more then a few cents from post has.

Thanks everyone for testing it out, this isn't something we'll be using here with the current options provided.

15. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

aw bummer

:P

16. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I'll paypal you the 15 cents a month you would have made if you're active LOL

The placement just sucked, there was no way it would pay off.
    If it could be made for the current banner setup, for all google adsense on the site, it would be much more effective!

17. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

lol

Yeah that would be a lot better. Maybe they'll modify the mod because its a cool concept.

I discovered just how much better the bigger banner at the top draws attention on my rpgtools site when i redesigned it. clicks skyrocketed initially..

(from 1 or 2 to 10 a day. but they disappeared now again. I'm lamenting that since the 10 clicks were actually paying for the hosting. lol )

Big al and Brandon like this.
  18. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Can some one answer a question please. Regarding adsense, I see posts quoting vastly different amounts of how much one receives per click.
    What would be the average payment per click?

19. Zerth

Zerth Regular Member

Good addition, very good way to keep your members in the forum interested and active.

Big al, when I was using it, I was getting $0.20 per click, not sure if it depends on the amount of traffic you get, but I got around that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.