I'm so close to freaken yelling at my power/isp company -_-

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Bryce, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

I'm so damn close to freaking calling them up and bitching at them. This has gone on long enough. It happens every single night now. At first I thought it could be maintenance, but they should tell their customers about this shit, not just do it EVERY night. What do you all think it is? Should I call and complain, I've got about 2 weeks of pent up anger in me if I do call.

1.) Internet always goes out from 12am to 1am, briefly and comes back on a few minutes later. Then it goes out again from 2am to about 10am every [****][****][****][****]ing night.

2.) Then the power goes out almost every night. It happens randomly, but always around 9pm to 3am. I woke up this morning and everything's off, I mean seriously What The [****][****][****][****]!.

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

It happens every day in PR *shrugs* , every day, 2-3 times a day. It's come to the point that I don't really care, I literally just say "Oops, lights out again". It's annoying when the day is extremely hot though.

You can complain as much as you want, for them you will just be another pissy customers of the probably 100 thousands they have.

3. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

It really is starting to [****][****][****][****]ing annoy me. Even if I complain, what's the worse they can do? If they step foot on my property without me knowing, it's game over for them.

4. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

*walks in w/ a knock on the door*

That blows big guy. There is something to be said for regular maintenance for sure, but those unplanned ones seem quite out of place. Curious with the power thing, and storms going on that coincide? I ask b/c we just got hit hard here in NorCal and power was knocked out. Definitely can be quite frustrating in general but at the same time a little calming. If you know what I mean. I suspect that is not what you are experiencing though.

5. David

David Regular Member

Comcast by any chance? I had this problem a lot a while back. Back in my Warcraft days and I'd stay up all night playing it was sure to go out for an hour or two. Numerous calls and complaints never got anything resolved, but then all of a sudden one day they told me to reset my modem, and it was fixed. (Not that I hadn't reset 50834 times before)

Is your area having black outs? Sometimes the power company intentially turns off power for customers. There was a post by Wayne a few days ago about how he goes thru this all the time in CA

6. Bryce

Bryce Regular Member

And why the [****][****][****][****] would they intentionally turn power off. Some people work at nights. It's stupid and shouldn't be done.

7. David

David Regular Member

A rolling blackout, also referred to as load shedding, is an intentionally-engineered electrical power outage. Rolling blackouts are a last resort measure used by an electric utility company in order to avoid a total blackout of the power system. They are usually in response to a situation where the demand for electricity exceeds the power supply capability of the network. Rolling blackouts may be localised to a specific part of the electricity network or may be more widespread and affect entire countries and continents. Rolling blackouts generally result from two causes: insufficient generation capacity or inadequate transmission infrastructure to deliver sufficient power to the area where it is needed.

8. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Could be your cable coming from the main pole to your home. It can happen.

9. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

The power system of your neighborhood might be needing some TLC or work is constantly going on w.r.t. to it??? Check your Utils site?

As for rolling blackouts....would typically be done during high usage times, b/c yes they are targeted. This would be summer time b/c A/C is the biggest usage. October generally is not such a hitter, however, the flipside that may lend to the possibility of a blackout is that this is a time for planned outages. Meaning outages for power plants that shutdown on purpose for routine maintenance/repairs/etc. (I used to work in the industry) Has never been an issue on getting the distribution, but there can always be a first time.

Nevertheless....that is too odd to be having an actual power outage every night or most nights. Just seems to like it would be more of a local issue, house, neighborhood, etc. so yeah I'd be livid.