I was once a happy vBulletin customer

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Brandon, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I found this post by Mitzy very interesting, but it's hidden so no one but licensed vBulletin owners would be able to see it.

Dan Hutter likes this.
  2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Regular Member

So the person is upset they have to patch their software? I have had a VBulletin site online now for 12 years. It has had it's ups and down but one thing that has been ongoing is have to patch it. Mostly security updates because of the software's popularity it is a target to hackers. It's kind of a weak argument that the software sucks because you have to patch it. That's life.

I wonder what happens when something like Xenforo gets big? They will go through their hard time as well. It always happens.

cpvr likes this.
  3. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Regular Member

I don't know about this.....This general complaint doesn't really mean Xenforo is better. It just means he has no complaint YET.

Every company has little to no complaints when they're young and/or small. But as they grow, watch the complaints mount. Then he'll run to some other forum software with a nice long anti Xenforo complaint to leave behind.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I don't think the OP was saying they didn't like the upgrade processes, just lack of "reasons to upgrade" other then bug fixes.

and here...

5. dojo

dojo Regular Member

Well, I call them drama queens. I have used VB since 2006 I think. Was a drag to pay for it, since I was earning close to nothing from my sites. I am not impressed with their overall attitude, with the fact the new version almost cost me as a new license etc. but to come to all this drama is pathetic. If the script is so lousy why would you keep running it? It took me 3 weeks to understand that I will never ever in my life try SMF. I didn't know how to properly skin it, the support was bad. I stopped using it and MOVED ON. I do find XF to be better than VB for what I want from a forum script, but you cannot start all this witch hunt cause you dislike patching. Come on. Sell the license and get another script. Ah, wait, until XF came out there weren't too many scripts that would beat VB :D

Brandon likes this.
  6. ClearSky

ClearSky Regular Member

I love reading reviews. They are always very insightful. I have never used a pay Forum software provider, before but I have definitely thought about it. I would have to read a few more reviews on VB to really have an understanding of the product. For now I'll just stick with my phBB.