How To Get Backlinks Through Social Bookmarks

Discussion in 'Member Articles & Tutorials' started by Brandon, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Have you ever wondered why so many people around you are talking about social media and bookmarking networks like Twitter, Stumbleupon, Delicious, Dig and more? They can turn fortunes of your website in few days. To your surprise you can get a good amount of traffic and might even notice an increase in page ranks. This is because most of the popular bookmarking networks can provide quality backlinks to your website and route quality traffic who are interested in your website.

However there is no dearth of social bookmarking networks available on date. Not all would be the best ones to go with and neither can I provide a whole list of all the good social bookmarking networks. Some of the preferred social bookmarking networks are as below:

·Twitter. Twitter is a hugely popular microblogging cum social bookmarking network where marketers can share their news, stories and articles with their followers. Its tagline “What are you doing?” has been a standout.
    ·Stumbleupon. It comes with a simple interface where you can enter the Title, Tags and Description about your content and start sharing with the world. You can give a thumbs up or down, review depending upon your evaluation based on site or content.
    ·Delicious. Like Stumbleupon it offers similar functionality and is one of the most popular social bookmarking networks.
    ·Yahoo Buzz. This is a social bookmarking network with a subtle difference. They concentrate more on news pieces than general story content. You could find huge collection of latest news - political, sports and general.
    ·Reddit. This is another social bookmarking network viz. hugely popular and allows marketers to tag their stories with keywords.

You can create thousands of accounts if you have the patience and resources on different social bookmarking sites to promote your stories. I would strongly recommend focusing on some 5-10 social bookmarking websites and providing quality content to your readers.

This post has been promoted to an article

2 people like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Thanks for the tips, Brandon! :)

2 people like this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Sure thing, I have another one to submit in a little while.
    Both 100% unique for AdminAddict :)
    The topic of it will be "Internet Marketing"

4. Webmist

Webmist Champion

First Name:
    Jen
    Much appreciated.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    glad you like it :)
    does anyone have questions? :shrug:

6. Gordie

Gordie Adept

I do Brandon.

When signing up a Facebook account for my website, what type of account should I be looking for?

I noticed they have links on the main page that say create a page for a celebrity band or business.

So would I be looking to sign up a page for a business?

I enjoyed your article very much and it inspired me to already open some twitter accounts for my bigger sites. Now I'm working on opening Facebook accounts as well.

So thanks again for your tips. :)

7. WebCare360

WebCare360 Regular Member

Good article.