How Do You Find Clients For Your Website Development

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by SimplySidy, May 10, 2013.

1. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Website Consultant, Developer and Strategist

I have been a website developer ever since I started doing websites. Earlier, things were simpler and finding clients was easy as many online didnt have websites. But today, not only the competition has gone tough, but also it has become difficult finding clients who are in need of a website.

So how and where do you start off with hunting for clients and prospects who do not have websites. Please note that I need ideas of finding them online.

Brandon likes this.
  2. bauss

bauss Regular Member

It keeps getting harder to get work as a web developer, but there are lot's of webmaster forums where you can post that you're looking for work, and just keep an eye on the threads.

If that doesn't work, try to build and improve your portfolio, and maybe do some small jobs for free to get testimonials.

3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Maybe try more small businesses and individuals you learn about/know offline? I'm not exactly a freelance web designer/developer (yet), but I've noticed quite a few companies around here who don't have any form of web presence yet. Surely that should be the case where you live as well?

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Regular Member

I hire developers through elance, freelancer, based on portfolios or based on their software releases on vbulletin.org or xenforo.com and their support.

5. BennyCurry

BennyCurry Regular Member

Referrals can work. Offer your past clients some cash for referring you to friends, their list, or whatever. Money is a real motivator when you want people to help you out, and if you have a lot of past clients the amount of referrals could be never ending. You can also offer discounts to past clients, I've done this before for other services when I was desperate for work and a lot of the time they've been meaning to get back to you but it keeps slipping their mind so when they see an email from you it reminds them of a job they want to send you. Win-win.