How Can I Improve My Forum?

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by GPT Noobs, Nov 3, 2012.

1. GPT Noobs

GPT Noobs Regular Member

gptnoobs.forumotion.com

I made this forum awhile ago but it has not been active. A few people have signed up but there isn't really a community. This is the first forum I made and the purpose of it is to gain referrals for GPT sites. I also put guides on here to help people with making money. I've been told that I should change the theme but personally, I like it the way it is. What can I do to improve this forum? I've put a lot of time into it so I don't want to make a new forum. I have been thinking of transferring it to another forum though. I'm pretty new at this so I'm not sure what to do with it.

Brandon likes this.
  2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

1. Get a real host rather than using a free one like forum motion. This not only makes your site look more professional (especially if you have a proper domain name), but means you can get a backup of your forum in case everything goes wrong or you want to move host. Do this as soon as possible.

2. Get a better logo, the one you currently have looks like it was made in Paint. This is especially important for your current niche, since people have to think you look trustworthy if they're to sign up to a forum about how to make money online. As it does now, it doesn't make you look like a reliable source.

3. Remove the text from the header. The logo can explain it well enough, and this description can be placed as a guest message or something.

4. Find a new, better looking style since the current one looks poorly made and somewhat amateurish

5. Make your forum link more visible, it's pretty hard to currently even reach the forum index.

6. Finally (and mostly importantly), post a ton more content. You're doing better here than most people, you actually bothered to post a tip on how to get easy money today rather than just letting your site go without admin made posts for a week or two, but you need to post even more.

Fix all that, find a better host and domain name, and you'll do miles better.

3. DaUnknownAdm!n

DaUnknownAdm!n Regular Member

If you want to revive your site I would do exactly what CM30 has posted already. IMHO, I wouldn't spend anymore time working on that site, but instead redirect that time, energy, money, etc into a proper website.

1) domain name - get your own dot.com
    2) hosting - find a nice home for your site
    3) script - install, setup and customize your forum
    4) Add content and promote your site. Roll up your sleeves because this is where the hard work being

Good Luck, I hope you come back to share your improvements.
    All the best!

cpvr, Dan Hutter and Brandon like this.
  4. GPT Noobs

GPT Noobs Regular Member

The reason that I don't want to start a new website is because this one shows up as one of the first results on Google when searching for GPT sites. I will continue to put more posts on the site and I might get a domain name. I'm also going to change the theme.

Meanwhile, I made a blog: top20gpt.blogspot.com to get more referrals.

5. Jura

Jura Regular Member

Doesn't show up at all for me. I use Bing.

I also agree with getting a real host.

6. GPT Noobs

GPT Noobs Regular Member

@Jura If you Google "PrizeLive Review", it is the third search result from the top. It shows up well on Google. As for the blog, I just made it so it doesn't really show up yet.

7. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Yes, but I suspect if you get a real host and domain name, and redirect the old one to it, that would also show up at a high rank in Google. Maybe even higher in the list.

Brandon likes this.
  8. damowhite666

damowhite666 Regular Member

I agree with CM30, shared hosting is quite cheap.