Hi CelarD here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CelarD, Sep 29, 2013.

1. CelarD

CelarD Regular Member

Hey :)

I've been watching the forum a bit, partly because I want to get back into the game. I used to run a few domains for fun, coding for a couple of them. The favorite one I made was a game called "Chavlife" - Think mafia wars, but this was ten years or so ago. I got some very funny emails out of it, perhaps a story for another time.

I took a bit of a break after other things in life became more important, but I want to rediscover the hobby I used to enjoy. I actually used to look forwards to getting home from work and doing a bit more coding etc. It's been too long now, need to get back into it. And I certainly have more spare time now, so if I can monetize it in any way that would be awesome!

Big al and Brandon like this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Welcome to the forums @CelarD :thumbsup:
    Do you have an archive.org link of your old game, I'd like to check it out.

Enjoy the forums, let us know if you have any questions. :)

3. CelarD

CelarD Regular Member

Sadly not. I had the domain chavlife.com for a while. It was a fun game, but it was meant as a bit of fun amongst a few friends, but other people picked up on it for some reason... including ignorant people whose IP addresses were that of schools...

It was a fun novelty idea, but it attracted people like the above. Yes, that shit actually happened.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
  5. CelarD

CelarD Regular Member

Yes. It was a game, and I clad the site in Burberry. Chavs were a phenomenon at the time, not really in the common vernacular these days. It was a tick based game, you earned money over time depending on the amount of chavs you had, you could recruit more chavs with cider, chavs were more effective with extra accessories. That kind of game, quite simple to make but very addictive. I played it myself! I want to make another.

6. Big al

Big al Regular Member

@ CelarD Welcome I hope you find the forum helpful to you. Good to see you here.