Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nick, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hello everybody ;)

My name is Nick and I am obviously new here.

I love "foruming" and I spend most of my free time on the internet. I love finding neat websites and tools.

vBulletin is one of my most favorite scripts and I have loved it since I used it for the first time.
    For some reason I love to give support at vBulletin.com. I just love the feeling of helping those who need it, because I remember when I needed some support in the beginning. I spend quite some time there.

Being a forum administrator is not something I take for granted. I am very pleased to be one and I enjoy my tasks as well as the member interactions. It is very rewarding.
    However, being an administrator is not something that shall be overlooked. Doing such can result in a forum failure.
    So I am here to give my opinions and insights of being an administrator to those who need help, as well as receive opinions and feedback when needed.

This forum looks really nice so compliments to the Team.

Hopefully it will turn out much better than another very popular "Administrator Resources" forum that shall remain nameless for articulate reasons.

I look forward to spending some time here :)

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
    Nick

2. Rafael

Rafael Regular Member

RINGS A BELL I WONDER FROM WHERE!?!

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

:D

Hello, Mr_Butter

4. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Welcome to AA, Nick. I'm glad to have you aboard. :welcome:

I couldn't agree more to just about everything you said. I, too, love to spend my free time on the internet, almost always on a website or forum related or powered by vBulletin.

I appreciate your compliments, I just hope AdminAddict becomes a popular tool and resource to the forum world one day as the undisclosed forum you speak of is. :ohi:

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Unfortunately, I didn't make it clear that the other forum isn't so great :D
    It's a nice resource; however, the administrator is a very rude person with an ego too large to be handled; power-hungry, and what could easily be compared to a dictator in terms of how he handles his volunteer staff/moderating team.
    Thus, the forum's down-spiral has begun and my participation in that site is now at a level of "0".

:D

6. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Although it is against my better judgement to talk about the forum on a similar one of my one, I agree to the fullest. And considering the forum is about... how to run a forum, you'd think he'd know better than to treat the members the way he does. It's also quite easy to get banned to a nice white page of absolutely nothing. :killpc2:

7. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Now it's time to be honest:

I know that white page very well :D

LOL
    I didn't want to look like a bad person, joining the forum and blatantly state "oh yay, I've been banned from there. I hope you don't find me to be suspicious ".:D

Jeesh, it really got me PO'd for the reason I got banned. It had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with him or his site. As far as he knows, I did absolutely nothing.
    If you're interested in knowing exactly why I got banned, hit me up via PM. ;)