Hello. I was referred to this forum by Kaiser.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Togruta Lover, May 3, 2011.

1. Togruta Lover

Togruta Lover Regular Member

I have a new forum that needs a lot of work.

But besides telling me that I need my own domain to be successful, many, though some are nice, at Forum Promotion haven't given me much help on how to make it better so that I can get more people to justify a domain name purchase.

Few seem to get it that I'm not considering buying anything unless I can probably get enough people to consider getting ads. Even if I don't have popup ads, which everyone hates anyway and will probably hurt attempts to bring in new members, I can support links. Anyway, the forum that's currently hosting me doesn't allow ads, in large part because they don't think it's cool to have someone profit off of their FREE service, and I don't blame them.

Also, after reading about some forum, I'm worried, even if I'm forum admin, is it possible that my entire mod squad, I have nobody right now, but still I like to think ahead, could join up and ban me?

I heard that some forum banned a founder and a chief staff member and likes to ban people.

However, I should probably try to ban myself with a sock mod just to make sure they can't.....

2. Sakura

Sakura Regular Member

Hey welcome to the forum. :)

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Welcome to AdminBB, if you need help on anything your best choice is posting here, and not your introduction :)

If you need anything im here :thumbsup:

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Welcome to the community - if you have any questions ask us on the forums! :)

5. Bamboo

Bamboo Regular Member

Welcome to AdminBB.

Although yes, I think on some softwares it's possible to ban the founder, but as you own the website, you can unban yourself within seconds via the database and ban there ips so they can't access your site again. I haven't heard of it happening before though, just don't allow your mods to access your website cpanel and only hire moderators you think will do the community good and won't do anything to harm your website.

6. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    Welcome to AdminBB, Please enjoy your stay :cool: