Has anyone had much luck with squidoo?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Brandon, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    2010 is going to be the year I push my blog over the top. I'm using several sites to help build ranking and traffic, one of them is squidoo. I just recently joined squidoo, here is my profile page.
    Here are the two "lenses" I've made so far..

Does anyone have some suggestions or tips that I can do to these pages to get more traffic and views from it?
    I have a few affiliate links on each, but most the links are to post or categories on the blog.
    I don't see a lot of people using these on most webmaster forums, the only one I've seen a lot of people talking about them is on the warrorforums, but it seems most on that site don't have their own hosting so sites like squidoo are prefect for them.

Hopefully at least one or two people on AA have messed with squidoo and can give me some pointers :)

Thanks
    -Brandon
    I see Hubpages is similar, I think I'll make a few pages on it as well.
    *I did make a Hubpage account as well with one post, they have the nofollow attribute in the post is the only difference I see so far*

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

You seem to be pushing your WP Blog much more than your IPB3 Forum these days. Are we seeing a WP convert here? ;)

3. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Brandon, you are always pushing yourself to uncovering great new ways to market yourself and your sites, keep it up! :D

I haven't used Squidoo before, but I'll have to look into it in the future.

PS. The first line of the article has "optimization" misspelled with an "s" instead of a "z".

2 people like this.
  4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    As I said on your forum the ipb3 site is merely for playing around with and I'm not in a big hurry to make it big.
    fixed, thanks :)
    I'm going to do some research today on how to get the most out of your squidoo page.

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I've never really looked into Squidoo before. Do you just write articles and such, like having your own mini-blog?

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    From what I've seen the articles or lenses are usually about twice as long as the articles I've been posting on my blog.
    You can add your adsense account so any ads clicked get credited to you. You can also add ebay and amazon affiliates, which I don't have yet.
    I didn't really set them up for the $, I'm more interested in building traffic and backlinks to my sites.