Hackety Hack

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Brandon, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hackety Hack will teach you the absolute basics of programming from the ground up. No previous programming experience is needed!
    With Hackety Hack, you'll learn the Ruby programming language. Ruby is used for all kinds of programs, including desktop applications and websites.

splash.jpg

I ran across this site and it looks like a keeper ;)

http://hackety.com/

Big al, Monster and Dan Hutter like this.
  2. Monster

Monster Admin Talk Staff

Cool! :)

That's something I'm trying to do with my BASIC interpreter as well: Nowadays, learning to program can be pretty hard. In earlier days, on the old 8 bit computers, people could have instant results upon typing a few simple commands in BASIC, which made learning much easier. Even when you're a pro, you want to avoid tedious boilerplate stuff, but there's few development tools nowadays that truly come close to the simplicity of the old tools we had. :)

Brandon likes this.
  3. limcid

limcid Regular Member

Thanks, this looks like a fun way to learn. I've been using Codeacademy for learning some other languages, but I think this will be a nice change of learning environment for checking out Ruby. I still don't know if I should consider learning Ruby, but this looks like a nice way to give it a chance.

Brandon likes this.