Gun ownership

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by kev, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kev

kev Regular Member

Gun ownership roll call.

Beretta 9mm pistol
    S&W 357 magnum model 66 combat magnum
    Bushmaster AR-15
    WASR-10 AK-47
    Ruger 10-22
    Mossberg 590 and 500
    Marlin 30-30
    Remington model 700 in 7mm express/280
    SKS

And a few others.

2. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I'm not sure I can remember all my crap but I'll try.

Bushmaster M4 w/eotech
    DPMS w/ 16" varmint barrel & vortex scope
    DPMS lower with RRA M4 upper & lower parts kit
    DPMS lower w/ 5.45X39 upper
    DPMS lower w/5.45X39 upper
    DPMS stripped lower
    DPMS stripped lower
    DPMS stripped lower
    DPMS stripped lower
    DPMS stripped lower
    DPMS stripped lower
    Billet stripped lower
    Billet stripped lower
    CA89 (H&K 94 clone / civilian version of MP5 )
    GSG-5 (H&K 94 clone / civilian version of MP5 but in .22LR)
    Arsenal Milled AK47 Polish kit
    Yugo AB2 AK47 (underfolder)
    Romanian WASR10 AK47
    AMD (parts kit)
    M99 Barrett 50cal rifle
    Mosin Nagant 91/30
    Mosin Nagant M44
    Remington 870 Express w/Vang barrel

MAC 10 (.45ACP)
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II
    Para LTC 1911
    Beretta 92FS
    Ruger Mark III .22lr
    S&W Sigma .40 S&W
    S&W 4" barrel .357 Magnum
    Taurus .38SPL

3. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Personally I've always been weary of posting what firepower I own. You never know who the heck is stalking you. Though I'm gonna have to say that Ray has some great equipment in that mix. :)

4. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    Thanks,

Ya, I don't usually list all my modern stuff like that and I very rarely ever list my antiques.

5. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

None (well, an Air Pistol).

In the UK we are not allowed to own anything useful.

6. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

Double Barreled Shotgun in the gun cupboard in the office.

Enfield Revolver NO2 MK1... I think it is illegal that we have that tbh.

7. kev

kev Regular Member

Not many people are going to stalk you if they know you keep an AR15 or AK47 next to your bed. And when you go to town, there is a chance you will have a rifle or shotgun with you.

Stalkers are like predators, they do not pick prey that can fight back.

Ray is showing off, that is what Ray is doing. I'am like freaking jealous right now. I wish I had a few extra lowers just "laying around" like dirty dishes or something.

8. lyco

lyco Addict

First Name:
    Chase
    i want alot of them but i cant afford to buy them at the moment

9. Wayne Luke

Wayne Luke Regular Member

While I don't personally own a gun at this time, I support the second amendment within reason. That is no SAM and SSM pocket launchers, no high explosive grenades, or other weapons of that sort.

However I will say that a Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow is probably just as effective as the weapons listed above and makes a heck of a lot less noise. Don't need to wake the neighbors if I have an intruder at night.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Barnett-Barnett%C2%AE-Quad-400-Crossbow/dp/B000AAC3QY]Amazon.com: BarnettĀ® Quad 400 Crossbow: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

10. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I have to, it's part of my niche contract :D

And I didn't even mention the complete AR15 lowers I'm giving away...

awww.adminaddict.net_data_MetaMirrorCache_11029b5e7457ef0f0ec3ce3cee40b557.jpg

11. dynastygal

dynastygal Regular Member

I'd rather people not be able to get killing tools easily in the UK. We have low gun crime compared to the USA, I'd like to keep it that way.

12. kev

kev Regular Member

Owning a firearm does not make people instant crazy criminals that go around shooting people. Just because someone owns a firearm does NOT mean they wil use it in a crime.

Do you own a car and do you have anything kind of beer or whiskey in your house? If so, does that mean your going to drink, dive, and kill people? No, it does not.

Do you own a kitchen knife? Does that mean your going to stab someone?

Do you own a kitchen knife and a car? Does that mean your going to drive to someones house and stab them while your drunk?

Do you have a baby or a child? Do you have a knife in the house? Well, I think they should outlaw having a baby and knives in the same house because people might kill the baby with the knife.

Do you have a bathtub and a baby or child? Well, I think the government should outlaw bathtubs because some people drown their babies.

Law abiding citizens do not use guns in crimes. Criminals use guns in crimes - there is a difference.

Anything can be used as a weapon. And its been proven over and over, that areas where citizens own guns, they have a low crime rate.

13. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray

hum...I really don't want to start a debate other this but it's hard. Now seeing how your gun crimes rates are low, lets compare our gun crime rates to your stabbing rates :p The UK has seen an 18% increase in violent crime just this year alone. There is a connection between gun control laws here in the states with violent crimes. The same applies to the U.K. You may have eliminated firearms but you created a how new issue. It's so bad people in parts of your country are wearing stab proof vest and the government is trying to register knives. Heck, just a few days ago they introduced a anti stabbing knife. So whats next, a ban on rolling pins and cricket bats?

Here is what a man did to a fellow English man with a butter knife...yes the man survived but barely. This criminal had been convicted 140 times prior to this offense.

Anti Stabbing Knives Still Kill People!

14. dynastygal

dynastygal Regular Member

Nobody says it does make people crazy. So don't know why you brought it up. But it's blatently obvious that due to the easy access of fire-arms in the USA your gun crime is higher than it should be, especially with the ever so popular school shootings. Things like columbine and all that jazz hardly or have never happened in the UK because guns are not easy to get hold of unless you're an authoritive figure or a farmer/hunter.

You can't legally buy knives in the UK unless you're over 18. In the USA even a baby can have a gun licence (a man in Illinois [I think it was that state] got his baby son a gun licence).

15. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I'm sorry but you watch to much T.V:lol:

Seriously, I don't want to debate this subject but you're buying everything said by the news. You have to be 18yrs old to legally buy a rifle and 21yrs for a hand gun through a gun dealer. You have be 18yrs for either one through a private sell.

The numbers issued by the C.D.C is NOT a nation violent crime rate number. This number includes every firearm related death in the U.S. which includes 50% suicides, and other misc stuff like self defense and police shootings. It comes out to roughly 10,000 people killed in violent crimes a year using guns. There is roughly 4 people Killed in the U.S. by way of cars per one person killed by a firearm. Does that mean we need to ban cars next?

School shootings: first off there is roughly 8 kids killed by firearms in the U.S. but there is 350 kids ages 14 and under killed in back yard swimming pools. The school shootings generally involve a kid who stole a firearm or was old enough to buy one in the first place. Every one of these school shootings along with shopping mall shootings took place in a Gun Free Zone! States with fewer gun laws tend to have less violent crimes than states with strict guns laws. My state alone saw a drop in crime rates when they started issuing Concealed gun permits.

And before you go believing Mexican drug dealers are paying 800.00-1,000.00 for a clone Semi-auto AK47 from the U.S. think again. You can buy an original full automatic AK47 from any third world country for 200.00 or less. And no, this isn't Switzerland, the only way to get a full automatic M4/M16 dated newer than May 1986 is through the U.S. Government. The same with Grenades and Rocket Launchers etc. They will not sell these to civilians PERIOD! I wish they would but they don't!

America isn't perfect by any means, but we're not all criminals as our media and government would have you to believe. I don't need to carry a gun or wear a bullet proof vest to feel safe in my country. And I have yet to see any of my AK47s, AR15s, and 50cal rifles stand up and start shooting people either.

16. kev

kev Regular Member

Something for yall to watch. This was filmed in January of 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9RETbfEx4"]YouTube - Gun ownership with an ak47 for show[/ame]

17. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
  18. Ryan

Ryan Regular Member

"Enfield Revolver NO2 MK1... I think it is illegal that we have that tbh."

Yah I checked with my dad, we are illegally holding that gun.

19. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray

It's that a shame, I mean it's not like you're holding a Mini Gun or RPG. You're holding a 70yr old revolver.

Anyhow, have any of our English members heard of the guy who kept his old revolver and used to shoot a burgler? The guy lived but the owner is the one serving jail time for an illegal firarm. I'll see if I can find the video and post it.

20. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Springfield XD Sub Compact 9MM that I carry on me
    AK-47 with Bayonet
    AR-15
    .22 Rifle