GoDaddy Alternatives

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Matthew, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Matthew

Matthew Regular Member

GoDaddy Alternatives

Turns out you need a credit card attached to your Paypal account if you are using GoDaddy with an international paypal. Merely Verified just wont cut it.

This means, I'll have to switch to another domain hosting service. I'm kind of glad, too. Their service is far too confusing!

Anyway, does anyone know any good alternatives for GoDaddy? .COM domains should be under 10 bucks, and should have great uptime and service.

I'm looking at nameservers.com, and doing some google searches.

What would you recommend?

EDIT: Admin, could you change the title? I ma

2. love2rule

love2rule Regular Member

I would like to recommend you bigrock.com and i have coupon of 5%-10% discount coupon if you wana buy from there you can pm me

3. Matthew

Matthew Regular Member

How long have you been using bigrock.com? They offer the same price as the bigger companies so I dont know if they are trustworthy.
    I'm looking at name.com and nameshare.

4. love2rule

love2rule Regular Member

Don't worry they are trust worthy. There adds come on television in my country.

5. Matthew

Matthew Regular Member

I guess that site is targetting your country. What country are you from?

I don't know how good their customer service will be towards mine, then...

6. love2rule

love2rule Regular Member

INDIA but anybody can buy from there not any perticular county people

7. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

The answer to this is simple. Use namecheap.com - they're one of the best domain companies around, and has great support.

8. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I used Name Cheap as a tertiary registrar for a while. Until I had a hosting account with them who's server was compromised. Two of myy up-to-date WP site's RSS feeds were spitting out spam while I was on vacation. Support played stupid after much pissing and moaning they finally admitted to the issue being on their end. I moved my ~10 domains away from them and into GoDaddy because I won't do business with a company that cannot be forthcoming with their customers.

1&1 is decent but they're billing practices are just plain ridiculous, IMHO. I'm slowly moving all my domains with them out to GoDaddy. Transferred 20 out within the last month.

9. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

I use NameCheap now as well.

10. Sejper

Sejper Regular Member

Namecheap is the one I like most and trust for my domains but their hosting sucks, I don't know how many times I gotten my ip blocket when trying to use ftp to upload/download files to their servers.

11. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Namecheap gets my vote as well, in fact right now I only have domains with Godaddy and Namecheap.

12. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Damn, that's the first time I've heard anything bad about Name cheap.

13. Marc

Marc Checkmate - Game Over

I hate that when NameCheap staff does that when it comes to support for hosting. It's hard-ball until they finally decide that their servers were the issue.
    I say NEVER use their hosting services including VPS or Dedicated Servers. You'll just end up with headaches at the end of the day, ;)

Stick with domains, although the only issue I ever had with 'em for domains is that they were getting DDOS and DNS System v2 wasn't working properly.. :cry:

Big Dan likes this.
  14. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

Man, GoDaddy is EVERYWHERE.

I wish to have that advertising power for my company one of these days.

I keep seeing it in MMA fights, I keep seeing commercials, and just hours ago...Godaddy has it's own football league. GoDaddy.com Bowl. I'm like "what the #@^&? Is that even possible?"

15. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Knock on wood, I've never had an issue with GoDaddy from a registry standpoint. GoDaddy's shared hosting is another story.

NameCheap was good as a registrar. Never had any problems.

1&1 is schizophrenic. The good thing registering with them is if you already have an account and order domains they don't bill you right away. They will bill you for all renewals and new domains on your monthly renewal date.

The trouble with monthly renewal date is you never know when in the month when 1&1 is going to bill and there's no easy way to esitmate costs short of looking through all your domains for renewals since your last billing date. I think it correlates with you last renewal of the month but support is farmed out and doesn't know their ass from their elbow. I've suffered a few over draft charges due to 1&1 charging my debit card whenever they felt like it. I wrote support and nicely asked for them to bill me the second week of the month as by then all my subscription payments have cleared. They couldn't accommodate me. I'm moving my domains out.​

I had many other issues with 1&1 but some have gotten better over the last 2 years.

16. forumhookers

forumhookers Regular Member

For hosting you can get some of the best provider on LEB .

Btw i am with BuyVm

17. Carlos

Carlos Regular Member

If you asked me if it's a good idea to purchase domains and hosting in the same company, my answer would be a resounding and a big fat "No." Especially if the company started out as a domain registrar. This is evident with GoDaddy.

I have seen a domain being held hostage by a hosting company... The person that originally bought the domain and the hosting bought both from the same company, this was a dumb move. Why? Because when the individuals that "bought" the rights to control the domain... The person was stuck with the hosting company forever. No way to move the domain away from the registrar, no way to move the server away from the company. Everything was stolen away from the team.