Free listings, app, mobile site & web site for karaoke fans to find your show.

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by KJSandman, Jan 31, 2011.

1. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

I was contacted through the listings on Chartbuster's & Sound Choice's websites by the owner/developer of this app.

Take a look at the features and for reference you can look up shows within 100 miles of zip code 81620 to see my listings and browse my songbook as well.

http://www.karaokeloop.com
    View attachment 259

Did I mention that it is FREE?

2. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

You can check it in your browser by clicking here (site is optimized for mobile browsers): http://bit.ly/gQwGEI

The mobile site has the same functionality as the iphone app.

3. IMeanWebHosting.com

IMeanWebHosting.com Regular Member

On my iphone, it says it only works for a few cities, but seems pretty cool otherwise!

4. IMeanWebHosting.com

IMeanWebHosting.com Regular Member

Your song book makes mine look so tiny! lol

5. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

Right on... that is why I gave my zip code for reference.

The developer is reaching out to find KJ's who want to list their shows and provide songbooks as well as FaceBook interactivity. If you contact them on FaceBook, you could be the first in your area... like me. :D

6. DannyGKaraoke

DannyGKaraoke Regular Member

He contacted me asking why my calendar is empty. It's because I haven't found a bar show yet. Not ready for that as I need to purchase some items to complete my system. A video cable and a pair of speaker stands. My speakers are too small to just place on the ground. I told him as soon as I am able to get a show that I would contact him with the details.

7. Lonman

Lonman Regular Member

I just signed up for the trial & added my book. Sweet little app. Hopefully it will eventually work with more phones.

8. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

mobile.karaokeloop.com works with all other smart-phones and it works with my desktop browser as well.

9. KaraokeLoop

KaraokeLoop Regular Member

Thanks Sandman for posting this thread. To clarify, users can find shows in select cities (many more coming soon) on their iPhone (free app), any other smartphone (via mobile.karaokeloop.com) or by texting the word SING to 88588. We can also upload your songbook so that singers can access it on any smartphone. Karaoke Loop is completely free to the singer, we only charge KJs who would like to be "Featured" in our network.

Check out our website or our Facebook for more info, or watch this short video to learn more about the benefits of being a "Featured" karaoke provider: http://www.youtube.com/KaraokeLoop#p/u/14/vlXF5RzHAQM. Feel free to contact me with any questions! [email protected]

Thanks,

Sam
    www.KaraokeLoop.com
    www.Facebook.com/KaraokeLoop
    Twitter: @KaraokeLoop
    www.YouTube.com/KaraokeLoop
    iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/karaoke-loop/id410724734?mt=8

10. KJSandman

KJSandman Regular Member

Hey Sam, now that you're here... would you please define your requirements for a KJ to be listed on your service? I'd like to know that you are not blindly promoting ILLEGAL karaoke, especially when my market area begins to promote using your services.

I'd like to point out that you discovered and contacted me through Chartbuster & Sound Choice's KJ listings. That was a conscientious and prudent move on your part.

11. Lonman

Lonman Regular Member

Only thing I do NOT like so far as one adding/deleteing shows is you cannot delete an entire listing at once. Once listed, you have to go through the calander & delete one by one. I mistakenly listed a show twice & then the ammended version & tried to delete the first shows & couldn't do it without hitting the calander each day.
    Otherwise I love the app so far & even had a couple people using it tonight.

12. KaraokeLoop

Sandman,

Here's the problem I run into: My main concern is getting shows into my directory so that the end user (the singer) finds value in the App. Most of the listings in Karaoke Loop are free and not featured because I usually just talk to the bar to confirm what nights they have karaoke. It's pretty difficult to get a hold of the KJs because the bar rarely can tell me who it is or how to contact them ("some guy named Mikey does our karaoke"). So to answer your question: Rarely do I know if a bar's karaoke has a legitimate music collection because I rarely am able to talk to the KJ.

Perhaps in a future release of the app it would be a good idea to add some kind of icon next to certified, legitimate providers so the user can see which shows have reputable KJs?

13. KaraokeLoop

Lonman,

I'm happy to edit your schedule for you, just email me anytime you have changes and I'll take care of it.

14. Lonman

Lonman Regular Member

Already done! Thanks much!