Free at last

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by we_are_borg, Feb 19, 2014.

1. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    Finally i am a free person once again i sold all my vBulletin licenses, why was this important well vBulletin will never become the same again how it was before Internet Brands toke over around 2007. While it was not all bad under vBulletin 3 made good money with that version it was worse under vBulletin 4 never got the license fee and everything that you need to run a website back.

I am going to concentrate upon building a website with EZ publish and later on with IPB 4, IPB 4 can take some time until its done and that i get everything running it will be many months later. I suspect that when i have access to IPB 4 it will be 4 to 5 months before i have everything running and add-ons that i need and want.

What about vBulletin topics well going to watch and respond if needed, but i am going to watch how vBulletin is going down and will enjoy it immensely for me on a personal level that company can burn in hell, some people included by the way. Does this mean i do not respect people, yes i do respect people but some i do not really care for, you know the saying what comes around goes around and that goes for every one including me.

2. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    congrats on ridding yourself of cancer. :)

Big al and thewhatami like this.
  3. signal500

signal500 Regular Member

Congrats, I too will be joining the vBulletin free club shortly. Waiting on IPB 4 to make it to the market, then im transitioning my medium (1mil+ posts) sites to it and recommending all clients go ahead and take the plunge away from vbulletin.

haha pretty soon, it'll just be vbulletin.com and IB sites using vBulletin.

Big al and thewhatami like this.
  4. we_are_borg

First Name:
    Jeroen
    You have no idea the weight that dropped of my shoulders it's like i can see clearly again and instead of concentrating on vBulletin and on people that can't do their jobs over there i can now put 100% attention in my new sites that i want to build.

In the coming weeks i will set stuff that i have in my mind on paper and will work out how and what, depending on what IPB will show in spoilers i will plan accordingly.

Big al likes this.
  5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Best thing you could have done because while you still owned license for it, you're still "kind off" involved with things going on about vB. Now you'll change and have less interest in talking about it over time, seeing as you now have no stake in it any more. Well done in getting rid of those old vB cobwebs... that spider died a long time ago.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  6. we_are_borg

First Name:
    Jeroen
    I can recommend it to anyone, as for people still on vBulletin i can recommend switching to another software company.

7. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Other than the test vbulletin 5 connect site I don't have and haven't had a vbulletin site for over 3 years now.

8. thewhatami

thewhatami Regular Member

First Name:
    Mike
    I still have a vB licence, I just can't bring myself to sell it, I couldn't inflict that on another person.

ManagerJosh, Big al and Autopilot like this.
  9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Congratulations we_are_borg. I hope everything works out well for you now.

10. we_are_borg

First Name:
    Jeroen
    Well at least i have chosen a company that gives a little warning what to expect in the next version. The main reason why i did not go for Xenforo is because i think it still lacks basics like what IPB has. A gallery, Blog and CMS at the very least. Xenforo is if you only want a forum a very good choice but i want more. It will be a hard fight have been out of websites for some time only did small projects. But now the biggest cost is IPB for 140 dollars a year to renewal but my hosting went down to 65 dollars instead of 180 dollars and i get more then before, so for 25 dollars a year more i can play once more. I still have from Google adsense credits so i can always use that to make some advertisements.

Also as a late X-mass present i have taken a second server where i will learn to install and maintain EZ Publish so i can run it as a fully fetch website for personal stuff.