FourPlay Games

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Sync, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Sync

Sync Regular Member

I opened my gaming site a little over a month ago, and we're slowly but surely getting more traffic and members. Hopefully showing it off here will give me some ideas and feedback on how to increase both. :)

FourPlay Games
    FourPlay Games Forums

I know gaming is a saturated medium, so I'm not really looking to compete with the big guys here. But I'd definitely like to build a tight-knit, active community and at least become an established site for news and reviews and such. I know I've got a long way to go and a hard road ahead though.

I'm aiming for a more laid-back environment on the forums in contrast to some of the more up-tight, stricter gaming forums. I've also tried to make a more community-oriented site, and I've tried to encourage our members to post their own reviews/articles/artwork/etc. in the community content forums, but I've had pretty much zero luck. We had a few people show up for an E3 press conference viewing (using an outside chat), and I have some plans for events, tournaments, etc. in the future.

So please feel free to give feedback and suggestions, and we'd love to have you become part of the 4P community!

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

I like it! Good job with customizing the default theme :)

3. Sync

Sync Regular Member

Thanks Kaiser! I've actually been trying to develop a theme that matches the main site, but it's not going so well. I know how to theme vB and MyBB, but I've yet to master the XF theming system.

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Xenforo is the easiest, you have done well so far. Keep messing around and hopefully you will get there.

5. Sync

Sync Regular Member

Just bumping to say we're having a friendly gaming event in the next week or two. It's in the planning stages right now (getting member input on what game(s) to play, deciding a date, etc.) but I'm hoping it'll bring the community together more and maybe even bring some people back or get some people to join.

6. Sync

Sync Regular Member

A few updates!

Yesterday we reached 1,000 posts, and activity has been increasing with some new active members, so hopefully we'll be getting 2,000 soon enough. :)

And we're having a community gaming night Saturday, which we hope to become a regular event. We'll be playing Left 4 Dead 2 on the Xbox 360, and in future events we'll be playing a different game each time (Team Fortress 2 on PC is the next likely gaming night).

7. Savvy

Savvy Regular Member

Congrats on the 1000 post, Sync! Nicely done!

8. Trealix

Trealix Gamer

Well done with the site and customization, I love it.

9. Sync

Sync Regular Member

We've got a brand new theme (with the option of a light and dark color scheme), and I really think this theme, especially the light one, is a bit more distinguishing than our old generic one based on the XF default.

I'm about to make a big push to promote 4P and hopefully get some more activity going. Going to be joining some promotion forums, getting some sig banners out, and overall just trying to get the word out as much as possible.

And thanks for the congrats, Savvy and Trealix! It's been slightly slow since we hit the 1,000 mark, but hopefully that will change soon.

10. QTJ

QTJ Regular Member

Nice xenforo theme . I like the index page !