Forum Software Specific Admin Forums

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by 2dub, Mar 29, 2013.

1. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

No offense to anybody intended with this post.

I learned most about starting and building my community through some forums (like vbsetup.com) which were specific to certain forum software. Now I am finding far fewer forum software specific forums; and the ones I find are not as active or not as informative.

Why are there so many less forum specific admin forums around?

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Fwiw, it was never my intent to make vbsetup specific to vbulletin, it was just an easy market at the time and helped my vb services.

3. petertdavis

petertdavis Old Timer

When I want a software specific admin forum I will just go to the support forum for that software.

4. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I think that practically speaking, it's because no one forum script has a near monopoly over the market any more. Hence there's not really the audience for a forum software specific admin forum any more.

That and as said above, it's competing with the official support forum, never a good idea for forum activity.

5. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

Taz was originally just for vBulletin. There were IPB forums. They disappeared. Hell, XenForo had them and the owner was polar. Phpbb still has some I believe as well as all the other free forums.