Floods In Australia

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by datrue_canadian, Jan 11, 2011.

1. datrue_canadian

datrue_canadian Regular Member

As you may have heard on recent news media, parts of Australia are suffering from severe flooding. Homes are being destroyed, property is being lost, and families are being displaced and becoming homeless.

Please keep the residents of Australia in your thoughts and prayers during this time of turmoil. As you know, we have a handful of members here on MSF from Australia. Please keep them in mind and pray that they may seek refuge in higher ground.

I have spoken with Michelle, and she and her family are safe at this time, as is Dest. They are a 24hrs drive away from where the floods are occuring. Please keep Dest, Michelle and her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

2. princezna8

princezna8 Regular Member

Awwh :( Poor Australia!

I think this is a sign for an Aussie convention at my house.... I hope that they are safe and I know quite a bit of Australians not just from MSF and will keep everyone one in my thoughts though.

3. Dest

Dest Regular Member

Queensland was 75 percent under water.
    Parts of Tasmania has been flooded.
    Outback towns in NSW have been flooded, in the Christmas Break of 2010, a friend was stranded near the NSW coast.
    Parts of Victoria have been flooded.

Western Australia has had fires.

South Australia has had Urgent Warnings RE flooding in the regional districts - this is set to increase when the Queensland flood waters flow down the Murray.

If anything happens to the coastal line of South Australia, Michelle will be safe.

My thoughts are always on the people of the Queensland Floods - Many people around Australia are sending items across, as many houses were completely submerged. - I was talking to a friend who was affected by the flood, and she was all "well..It didn't hit us as badly" - her daughter is donating clothes to one of the teenagers severely affected.

STAR are keeping an eye out for looters in Queensland - this is like... wow. Aussie Spirit all the way.

Very proud of these people. Have much sympathy for thepeople affected, but with the Aussie spirit, they can go a long way!

4. carntheroos4eva

carntheroos4eva Regular Member

There is currently a couple of cyclones around the top end (northern territory and Qld) causing some havock at the moment.
    It's been one of the reasons why I haven't been on here as much because of the floods. Have had to help out my cousins and a few other people.

5. Chase

Chase Regular Member

We're one giant robot from a Sim City catastrophe.

6. carntheroos4eva

carntheroos4eva Regular Member

We had a massive storm on Friday night which left plenty of us scared shitless about the floods. We had a dust storm as well which meant we had to clean up all the diirt that landed on our windows.
    We had a shitload of rain. It totally pissed down like anything. People's houses got flooded out.
    Even part of my street was flooded out.

7. fokerss

fokerss Regular Member

nowaday australia seem like back to normal again :D . what a great news

8. Panache

Panache Regular Member

That is really awful... my greatest sympathies to Australia! Hopefully this weather disaster will end soon for them.