Favorite Memories of Admin Addict

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by TSUFanatic, Dec 23, 2013.

1. TSUFanatic

TSUFanatic Regular Member

Since AA is closing on Jan 1st, what are your favorite memories from this website?

2. Spooky

Spooky Regular Member

First Name:
    Alan
    It is a shame that the site is closing.

But I cannot understand that the current owner does not want the name/site to continue.

I have asked the owner the same question, and have had the reply "that he is not interested in selling", which to me seems such a shame that after some 20yrs ownership he would allow the site to die.

Pass the reins to someone new and his hard work can carry on.

I understand that peoples priorities change over time but it seems such a loss.

3. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I run no ads on this site. I don't use it to make money. I don't want to sell this site or any of the sites I'm closing only to see a new owner plaster ads all over them.

My favorite memories of AA were the resources that everyone added to the site. The graphics, themes and tutorials. I also enjoyed the debates when vbulletin accidentally set permissions wrong on the staff forum and people got the see the plans for vbulletin 4.

4. Spooky

Spooky Regular Member

First Name:
    Alan
    I never said I would run the site to "Plaster" ads. I hate to see a good site just fall into the mists of the internet when it can fulfill a decent resource to other admins of whatever site they run or plan too.

Should you wish to reconsider my suggestion then I will "Promise NEVER to place any advertisement on this site"

If it is a matter of server costs then please talk to me we can always come to an agreement.

5. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I'm not selling any of my sites. It's a decision I made over a year ago. I am leaving 1 site open which has been run for over a year by the staff of that site. I have worked with them for over 10 years on other projects and know them and trust them. I had talked to them about taking over this site, but, like me they've been doing it far too long and want to concentrate on 1 site.

To be clear it's not about money. I own all the servers that my sites run on and they are in a server room in my office. It costs me nothing to host because I use my business internet connection to host them.

I am done with forums. Plain and simple I'm burned out. I could keep on doing what I've done for the last year and just leave the sites online and do nothing with them. Just look at this site and you see the result of that. It's not very active, in fact it's dead, as far as posts even though traffic is better then it was when I first bought it. The reason for that is me. I have not done what I did in the past. That being starting discussions and keeping new content flowing. It's better to let it all go then watch it die.

Maybe in a couple years my passion will return and I'll start a site like this again. I can't see that happening, but, you never know.

6. GTB

GTB Regular Member

It'll be a shame in a way to see Admin Addict go down, as you tend to visit Taz, Admin Extra and here for a read first when doing the rounds. But do get the forum has been very quiet for ages, same as Admin Extra really, how long do you keep at it being like that? And like most others, nothing personal why I don't post here as much these days. But nowadays I go where the posters are most actively replying, which is TAZ.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    2 people like this.