Effect on VB customers and staff.

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Big al, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I wonder what effect the recent events with VB and IB are having on the moral of their staff and customers?

It may just be a lull and the weekend is involved, but it seems that there are less mods and admins showing up on VB.org and the ones that do show up seem to have lost some of their arrogance.

I feel there must be some effect, as so many of their colleagues are leaving or being pushed out.
    Maybe some staff are now looking over their shoulders or checking the local want adds in the classifieds.
    After so many long term employees are leaving I know I would be concerned at the very least.

I have seen absolutely massive disappointment from customers, who trusted the propaganda concerning the superiority of VB5 and are now abandoning VB in droves.
    This MUST also be having an effect on the employees who have worked so hard to support VB and its programs.

2. Merenguista

Merenguista Regular Member

First Name:
    Ilyas
    I can not give my judgment before 5.2.0 ..

3. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    1 long term employee leaving does not make 'After so many long term employees are leaving' a valid or sincere statement.

djbaxter likes this.
  4. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

What do you consider the now XenForo team? Steve Machol? Pretty much everyone from the Jelsoft era? Ray Morgan and all those early vB 4 staff? Both Mark Jean and Freddie Bingham?

That's a lot of employees leaving in just a few years or so. And it illustrates a problem with the company management.

Big al likes this.
  5. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Mark Jean was there about a year, not considered "long term." Those other guys left years ago.

We've had only 1 recent long term team member leaving. That was the point.

ProSportsForums likes this.
  6. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

Is there even any longterm employee except wayne?

CM30 and Big al like this.
  7. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

It seems to me that the majority of those who have left recently have either been let go or forced to leave (constructive dismal in the UK). I can't really imagine what it must be like having to work with and support such a rancid product. Having to toe the company line and deal with a multitude of disgruntled customers must be quite disheartening.

John and Big al like this.
  8. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

That would depend on what you define as "Long Term"

Given the date of this post, I assume by VB recent event(s) you mean some poeple leaving ?
    However, I have no idea what IB event(s) you are referring to ?

9. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Just take a look at the ever growing Resource Manager on xenForo.com. You start seeing a lot of familiar faces from the vBulletin.org heydays showing up. Excited to see @Code Monkey in the swing of things on xenForo for example. He is the most recent one to show up that I have seen.

10. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

This thread is based upon so many false assumptions I don't even know where to begin. So I won't.