E-mail Address for Moderators

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Nick, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Do you provide your moderators or other staff members with an e-mail address of your domain? E.g., [noparse][email protected][/noparse]?

If so, do they ever use it? I let my moderators and Premium Members have an e-mail address, and none of them really seem to use it.

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Indeed - I do offer a staff e-mail address to each and every one of the members on my staff team... and they do indeed use em'.

3. Tom

Tom Regular Member

At Setsou Design, Donors/Premium Members have the option of getting the @SetsouDesign.com e-mail address. But, I don't add it without their permission.

Because as you said, they're not used.

At Bird is the Word, only staff (administrators) members have the @birdistheword.tv e-mail address.

4. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I'd consider it, except I'm not sure my mods would be comfortable with the crappy webmail interface.

5. Tom

Tom Regular Member

You can just set up e-mail forwarding.

6. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    I'd love to give them to my staff and premium members, but they never get used.

7. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    I actually use mine. :P

I've been given them before as standard protocol or if the administrator asked. I use it for official site business when contacting other communities, or if I'm requesting things the admin wanted me to look into. I generally befriend the admins I get to meet. It's pretty cool because while we become close, work comes first and play last. :)

Although I wouldn't like it if I was addressed [email protected] if given since that comes across as if I'm the boss which I'm not. :lol2:

Good topic, Nick. I never really thought of giving it to staff, it's sorta like an alumni email, right? :)

8. Randy

Randy Adept

First Name:
    Randy
    I offer them to my admins and global mods but i don't offer them to general staff, I also offer them to the 'gold supporters' (those who donate like $20/month)