Don't use the same password for everything!

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Matthew, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Matthew

Matthew Regular Member

Humans are lazy, and when they sign up for the many hundreds of services they may sign up for in their "internet lifetime", a surprisingly large percentage decide to use the SAME PASSWORD for it all! I'm not one to talk, as I can't imagine myself remembering so many passwords, but a surprising amount of people will enter their paypal email and paypal password into the registration form of any old site.

This is horrible, it is the equivalent of having your social security number acting also as your home address and your last name.

The website owners can easily browser though their MySQL database and pick out emails to steal money from.

So, remember to have a special password for trusted, important sites, and then a regular password for the cheesy sites you come across every now and then.

2. love2rule

love2rule Regular Member

Good suggestion methew..i will remind it from next time and will ask my dear friends to take a look on this suggestion.