Domain selling

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by shihab, Apr 30, 2010.

1. shihab

shihab Regular Member

domains have become increasingly poular over the past few years and almost every major company/organisation owns one. They could be compared to estates and land as their value is also incredibly high once in the right hands, they could result in a substantial gain of $1 000 000. Do you think it is worth investing in a domain?

2. Wolfy

Wolfy Regular Member

Hell yes (sorry for swearing) A domain is great to have.
    1. Sub-domains are usually looked over by potential members and show that you just want a forum for the sake of having one. A domain shows potential members and guests that you actually are dedicated toyour forum enough to spend a little money for it.

2. It gets you on search engines like Google, yahoo, Bing, and others faster. For example, my forum used to have a sub-domain and when i typed in the name of my forum, i had to go to the 4-5th page to find it. Now, after purchasing a domain, I can find it on the first page of Google, no problem.

3. It's short and simple. When someone learns about a new site, the first thing they will want to know is the URL. I know, when telling my friends about my forum when it had a subdoamin they were like "How the hell am i supposed to remember that long-@ss URL?" and I agree. the first thing I do when trying to find a web site that I know the name of but not the link, I usually type in either the name with a .com, .net, or .org domain first. Then i search on google (which, going back to #2, is another reason to have a domain) to find it.

Sorry for the long post, but i felt I should let you know my opinion on getting a domain XD

3. shihab

shihab Regular Member

agreed......
    especially point 3 as the shorter the name the easier it is to remember and the higher the number of people will tend to visit your site :)

4. Khaleel

Khaleel Regular Member

definatly!!
    you could earn loads of money!!!
    you might even became a millionare!!!
    (sorry about the spelling)

5. shihab

shihab Regular Member

no problem Khaleel....
    and i totally agree with you, it is a good career :)

6. Teekay

Teekay Regular Member

That's not a career :P
    It's just buying a domain and hoping someone desperately wants it and is willing to pay a couple of more $ than you originally bought it for, normally $10-$20 more unless it's a small firm.

7. shihab

shihab Regular Member

check this site out:
    http://domainsellingtips.com/
    hope it helps :)