Does your forum receive more traffic in the summer or winter months?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by cpvr, May 2, 2013.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Usually when summer comes around, my community does 500 upwards to 1,000 posts a day, but during the winter time, we average 100 to 300 posts a day. A lot of our users are in High school and College, so when they have more free time, they're usually more active.

How about your community though? Do the summer months drive more activity to your community or is it pretty much even all year around?

boatswife likes this.
  2. 2dub

2dub Regular Member

My site is seasonal in nature and gets most of its traffic between April and November.

boatswife likes this.
  3. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Our site's traffic goes with the weather. Bad weather, better traffic. Good weather, less traffic.

Good thing the weather is bad a lot of the time in Germany, especially in the Winter months.;) We also have drops in traffic during vacations times. Spring, Summer and Fall school breaks, for instance.

Scott

boatswife likes this.
  4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Regular Member

It really depends on which forum! My weather related forums seem to get more traffic in the Spring and Summer months when severe weather season is active. My admin forum is pretty much all year around. I however am more active on my forums during the cold months because when its nice outside, I am usually outside as well :D

boatswife likes this.
  5. SticKer

SticKer Regular Member

I have noticed on my forum the traffic drops a bit during winter and gets back to normal in summer.

boatswife likes this.
  6. limcid

limcid Regular Member

I never even thought of considering this. It could be interesting to see if you can leverage this information. If you could get the "slow season" activity raised, then you might stumble upon a way to grow the overall activity.

Big al and boatswife like this.
  7. fermlour

fermlour Regular Member

The forum that I had received much less visited in the winter, I thought it odd but I had never thought about it.

boatswife likes this.
  8. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

I think we get more traffic during the fall and winter.

We also have a drop of visitors on weekends.

boatswife likes this.
  9. Big al

Big al Regular Member

We seem to have certain times in the year when activity increases. I notice a surge in spammers and scammers coming up to to Christmas.

Across almost all the sites I am on, I notice a quiet period over the weekend. and surprisingly, a quiet time on my Saturday night which I believe is still Friday in the USA.

The scammers in places like Nigeria seem to be quieter on the weekends as well.
    I think they all go back home to their villages to polish their goats. :unsure:

boatswife likes this.
  10. boatswife

boatswife Regular Member

I'm slower in the Summer because Military spouses are usually moving. It's still busy, but it is slower. The forum picks up towards early Fall when they are asking about potential areas and it follows into Winter/Spring when orders are being issued.

Big al likes this.