Do you use sites like Fiverr or do you feel they degrade the true writers out there?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Glcameron, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Glcameron

Glcameron The Social Media Guru You Go To

I've considered using Fiverr as an income alternative for a long time now. I know Fiverr has a service fee that ultimately makes you reconsider why it shouldn't just be called " Fiverr but really Fourr". lol.

Do you write or offer your services on this site and is it really worth it? Do you think working for this site downgrades the quality and financial expectations writers may have for their work. I wouldn't mind writing a 500 word article for about $10 but to think there are writers out there whom create prolific, original and awe inspiring content only to receive $4 leaves me a little taken aback. There are some absolutely abstract and amazing options available on the site but I hear there are quite a few success stories promoting an opportunity to find private clients so do you use the service? Is it worth it?

secretsquirell likes this.
  2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I don't. I write for my own sites or get people from the community to do it, not rely on paid writers.

I also offer my services on any other sites I go on for free in general, since I feel the added promotional benefit of a signature/profile link and the benefit of getting my name out there is more important than money.

NotoriousMK likes this.
  3. Glcameron

Thanks !

I want to primarily launch my own sites, forums, and blogs to optimizing my revenue. I intend of writing all my own content I just consider the number of freelance professionals providing their services on sites like Fiverr whom don't consider how much income could be generated from their content over the life of the article. I know there are quite a few revenue share sites that offer " slice of the pie" but why not go for owning the whole pie if it's your content. In contrast I consider the start of companies like Huffington Post and it leaves me to consider if sites like Fiverr would be a good place to post my services to generate some buzz, beyond my guest posts on other blogs and self promotion or if that may be the best place to find contributors for my own massive site.

4. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

One problem with paid writers, even professional ones, is that they simply write material and disappear.
    It becomes obvious they are paid when they fail to discuss their material or reply to other members.
    After all, they aren't getting paid to do anything beyond write the content.
    I'd probably avoid paying anyone to write content unless it was someone guaranteed to draw thousands of views, like Tom Clancy, Peter King, Ann Rice, etc.

5. Glcameron

Awww ProSports - If only we could get Ann Rice to consistently contribute to a massive forum about vampires... then .. someone would be in business! :)

I completely agree with you. There are certain demands and rubbutals the reader would come to expect if the " author " of the content posed an intriguing topic for discussion. Fluent content influences discussions, ideas and an influx of debate. I would certainly want to be the one to provide the appropriate responses based on the topics discussed.

6. carlalexander

carlalexander Regular Member

I tried using sites like Fiverr aka "content mills" but I noticed the pay slowly decreasing mainly due to the site being flooded by everyone trying to sell their articles at a throw away price. For that reason. I avoid them like a plague.

7. nafretiti

nafretiti Regular Member

Fiverr is an interesting site, I've used it to earn income actually and it came pretty easy as I didn't have to write many things but it was a lot of words for only technically four dollars. They should at least do six so you can get the five lol, anyways it is sort of a waste of time because they will have you write a lot for very little or do something else,I've scouted that site recently and it looks like junk now. It is hard to be hired for something sometimes because you being a new user don't have a rating yet but sometimes they do take chances on you, personally I liked it better before they changed it and now that they changed it I say to hell with it.

8. ConfabIt

ConfabIt Regular Member

I have no services to offer, otherwise I would. :(

9. thebrad

thebrad Regular Member

I am like Confablt i have nothing to offer possibly like doing a magic trick that everyone knows how to do and knows the trick so with fiverr i would have nothing to do on there so i have no use in going to those sites.

10. KneeHigh

KneeHigh Regular Member

I buy from fiverr quite a bit, and for more involved gigs, the sellers always offer the $10, $15, $20 add-ons -- which are still an absolute steal, in my opinion. I am amazed at the talent some of these folks posses, especially the graphics designers. There are about a dozen guys/ladies that I will be following when they decide that they no longer need fiverr to get customers.

11. BigJ

BigJ Regular Member

Thankfully, Fiverr isn't that well known out in the real world and that allows a lot of us to get a real deal on services. I wouldn't use Fiverr for written content but it can be one of the best places to get graphic design work done. There are marketing gigs that also look very intriguing.

12. SimplySidy

SimplySidy Website Consultant, Developer and Strategist

I will not deny. I tried getting some money from Fiverr by providing my writing and other services with them but unfortunately, I never got purchased. And then, unemployment (if you can say that) with them, made me forget them.

Today, I do write for a few local organizations who are in need of content, some content writing for my clients too but that is all. For my websites, I write all my content, good or bad, I dont care. lol!

13. Hanaseru

Hanaseru Regular Member

Fiverr doesn't really work very well unless you get lucky with purchases.

14. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I never used Fiverr, but I probably would if I was looking for cheap services. I want quality content whenever I buy something online, and I don't believe I'll get that on Fiverr.

15. limcid

limcid Regular Member

I don't think you will find true writers on Fiverr. It's too saturated, making it difficult to be seen. And even when you do get noticed, the expectation is for you to practically give your skills away. SEOClerks is a much better site if you want something similar to Fiverr but with the freedom to set your own fees

16. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Building Social Communities Since 2004

I have absolutely zero problem outsourcing content creation.

Time is money.

17. BigJ

BigJ Regular Member

A lot of the articles on Fiverr are PLR articles that have been spun.

18. wowtgp

wowtgp Regular Member

I have used Fiverr to buy Facebook likes and some cheap content hen my blog was still new. And to my surprise, the posts were of reasonably good quality. It still amazes me why so many people underestimate themselves and sell their precious services that cheap. I for one would never provide my services for $5.

19. BigJ

BigJ Regular Member

In some countries that may be a lot of money.

20. BoostN

BoostN Regular Member

I agree. I've seen some of the gfx design work and by the previews it looks incredible. I just purchased a "gig" today for a new site I'm launching. This is round two, I have a different artist this time and hopefully the reviews are good.