Do-Follow Blog Commenting - Has it helped you?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Kaiser, May 23, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Do you comment on Do-Follow blogs regularly for hopes of increasing traffic to your website? Has it helped you? Im interested to know because I have just done it once or twice didn't see any big results, and I hear about it all the time..

2. moneymakingmom

moneymakingmom Regular Member

For a very long time, I posted comments on related blogs. At the time, I didn't know the difference between do-follow and no-follow blogs and to me, it didn't really matter. Still I got really good traffic to all my sites. The traffic was coming from real human beings who would click through the comments, read my posts, leave comments and occasionally click my ads. In other words, just commenting on ANY related blogs on a regular basis produced a steady stream of traffic. And, it was really fun.

But, then I read a SEO article that said if you wanted higher search engine rankings you must only comment on do-follow blogs. So, I spent a couple months trying to pin down down which blogs were do-follow and which ones weren't. And, the sheer effort of finding do-follow blogs made me so tired, I didn't have any energy to actually post comments. Most of the blogs that claimed to be do-follow were not. And, you can easily check with any SEO Firefox plug in. Or, you can drop the code and check for the 'no follow' tag near links in the comment field. Some bloggers said they were do-follow just to get people to leave comments. Then they got the comment and didn't share the link love. Anyway, it was all very discouraging.

I still comment on blogs. But, I don't even bother checking whether or not they are do-follow. To me, it's not worth the effort. The only thing that matters to me is real visitors. In time, I'm sure to hit enough do-follow blogs to make blog commenting worth the effort. But, till then, the real visitors generated by commenting on blogs helps finance the effort of being online.

Kaiser likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Thanks for going into details. I don't comment much on blogs anyways but I do see people often mention that commenting on Do-Follow blogs is great for SEO which I am sure it is. And I usually just find out by viewing the code if its No-Follow or Do-Follow. And yes Do-Follow blogs help as well as you will still get people to visit your website.

And yes I have heard of bloggerd lying about their blogs being Do-Follow which is real cheap and is not the way to go about things. People do get tricked often just by believing them when they don't know how easy it is to check if a blog is do-follow or not.

moneymakingmom likes this.