Creating fake accounts to advertise

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by webaficionado, Apr 10, 2013.

1. webaficionado

webaficionado Regular Member

Have you ever created any fake Twitter/Facebook/etc. accounts to advertise your site, by 'liking' and tweeting different things in your site? Did it work?

2. bauss

bauss Regular Member

No, but I did create REAL Twitter and Facebook account to advertise my site. It works better, because you build a network, and your followers are more likely to get involved this way.

3. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

Nope.

It's just not for me.

I would rather spend that same amount of time on a real account, interacting with real people, and building up a real network instead of trying to fake it.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I've made Twitter accounts or I should say converted Twitter accounts to post feeds of sites.
    I agree if you network with your accounts your return will be much higher.
    I've never made fake forum accounts, which is what I thought this thread was going to be about when I first read it, to promote my sites. I have a hard enough time managing my own account, let alone fake accounts to talk to one another on the forums..lol

5. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Nope, I've only made accounts that use my site's name so that I can network, meet new people, and spread my links among my followers. It's a lot of work keeping up with one real account, so I don't see a point of making a bunch of fake ones.. Its far too time consuming for me.

6. boyuancy

boyuancy Regular Member

How many accounts would you have to create for that? To be taken seriously, you would need anywhere between 10k-20k "Likes". Seriously?

Or are you talking about buying a bot from BHW to create fake Twitter users?

I haven't done any. I agree with the rest of the users. It is best to create a genuine account and interact with users; following authority pages to get more fans, etc.