Choosing a domain registrar and hosting

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Sergio, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Sergio

Sergio Newcomer

First Name:
    Serg
    I want to buy a domain for my company and hosting. Is it better to look for a registrar and hosting separately, or I can buy everything in one place? What are the pros and cons of one and the second case?

2. Sergio

Sergio Newcomer

First Name:
    Serg
    Which option is the most correct?

3. MitChal

MitChal Regular Member

There may be surprises when renewing a domain, when the registrar increases the price for renewal several times. Well, you need to choose a stable hosting.
    For several years I have been registering domains at Pananames and take hosting where the registrar recommends. This is Fozzy hosting. You can try this option.
    Everything is stable here. Domain renewal prices are shown for 10 years in advance. So there are no sudden surprises.

4. Sergio

Sergio Newcomer

First Name:
    Serg
    What significant difference can there be between well-known registrars and not so much?

5. MitChal

MitChal Regular Member

It's not even a matter of knowing. You need to choose a registrar and hosting so all information is available immediately and nothing is hidden from the client. Nevertheless, I recommend you pay attention to https://pananames.com/ registrar. This is a really time-tested option.