California case update IB/VB vs XenForo

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by southernlady, Dec 8, 2010.

1. southernlady

southernlady Regular Member

You can see the thread posted here:
    Cali. case update | XenForo Community
    Notice the case has not been dismissed but the Judge has ordered the motion granted and given the facts stated, I doubt, IMO, that the motion will be overturned.

No status update on the English side yet.

2 people like this.
  2. Imperial

Imperial Adept

I love how incredibly basic the first evidence to support dismissal is. We didn't find vBulletin or vBulletin solutions in the Delaware Division of Corporations website database, therefore they don't exist.

2 people like this.
  3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Regular Member

First Name:
    Abe
    Well a date hasbeen set for January 2013. I certainly hope IB drop this nonsense long before that and compete in the market instead.

2 people like this.
  4. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I was reading the latest since that thread was re-opened today. The wannabee lawyers seem to have it all figured out. This is a slam dunk for xenforo according to them. I don't know or care what happens with the case. The problems are much bigger than the lawsuit anyway.

Anyway most of the people posting in that thread are either clueless or are blinded by their love of Kier. A user posted this in the thread:

Evidently this person never heard of John. In fact the opposite is true. Kier almost ruined vbulletin while vbulletin 3 was being developed. It took 2 and a half years for vbulletin 3 to get finished. If there had been any viable software besides vbulletin it would have died right then. Kier kept stopping and then restarting the dev cycle. It would lay dormant for months with no information coming on what was happening.

The people really should get facts straight before they say anything.

5 people like this.
  5. David

David Regular Member

God forbid any Kier worshiper have any facts on their disposal, all they have is a blind love for kier, and an undying blind hatred for IB.

Which will surely grow should IB win this case, or even these motions.

6. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Its a shame for them that their opinions are absolutely meaningless. Only the judge's opinion means anything.

And I agree. The lawsuit is the backstory these days. What the fanbois dont realize is that IB has already accomplished its goal. Xenforo has been neutered.

7. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

Maybe. Maybe not. Time will tell.

2 people like this.
  8. David

David Regular Member

I dunno Peggy, things are looking pretty dim over there. Presales threads seem to be limited to customers being asked to wire transfer funds, and the rest are about the demo being broken again.

2 people like this.
  9. Svoboda

Svoboda Adept

I think time has already told. While I think development may get restarted if they get a favorable ruling, for the time being, the software is in fact neutered or in hiatus. Don't know how you can argue otherwise.

10. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

Could they come back? Sure. anything is possible. But realistically? They have pissed off most of their customers, apparantly lost Mike, still have a lawsuit still hanging over their heads, and are pissing off more customers daily.

Even if they win the lawsuit and Mike comes back, they have done tremendous harm to their reputation. Frankly, I dont see Kier having the customer service skills to restore that reputation. But, certainly, anything is possible.

11. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Jesus H Christ. Do those people not know that motions for dismissal are part of the process. There could be numerous motions to dismiss before the actual trial and in fact I think there has already been 2 or 3 in this case.

They are about to cream their jeans over the last motion. I guess any bit of news that seems favorable for xenforo makes the few remaining zealots feel good about themselves.

What a shock it will be to them when the ultimate outcome is realized.

12. David

David Regular Member

Oh they're new documents today?

13. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Another motion to dismiss is all. Just enough to get the fanboys all in a tizzy.

14. HuanHKStyle

HuanHKStyle Regular Member

First Name:
    Huan
    how many motion to dismiss do they do? wonder what will happen if this not dismissed by nov 5th?

15. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

The motion to dismiss was denied.

16. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

I dont see how the case doesnt get settled now. Even if its a total loss for KAM, they really should probably just settle and get out from under this. All they have to look forward to is atorneys fees otherwise, even if they win, IB will appeal and cost KAM more yet.

3 people like this.
  17. tdperry

tdperry Regular Member

First Name:
    Tracy
    And settlement talks are also a normal part of a lawsuit. It allows you to see what the other party "wants". I get a laugh when the pundits like to harp on the fact that there have been settlement discussions. Apparently they have no knowledge of civil suits and the processes involved.