Best thing happen?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Demon_skeith, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Regular Member

what was the best thing that happened to you as a admin on a forum that the good thing happen on?

2. Black Angel

Black Angel Regular Member

other than my members enjoying themselves, I'd have to say finding a host that had every feature I wanted to make available to my members, already installed on the host itself, drastically cutting down on the number of codes I'd need for my forum..

3. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Regular Member

sounds like a great host.

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Probably gaining all my members back from one of our competitors that were keeping our members on their community. How did I do that? Simple, had more quality content, and people linking to us that they couldn't compete anymore. The best thing that truly happened is when we suprassed them in all stats. :P They really thought they could compete against us. Now they have a dead forum, and we have an active community.:evillaugh:

5. The Promo

The Promo Regular Member

The best thing that happened is when I met my forum's milestone on my last forum. :P

6. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Regular Member

The favorite thing to me about running a message forum as well as being on them is meeting others :) I have met people online that have become best friends and even offline. I met a local storm chaser buddy online who lived near me, we met up offline and chased together, we are really good friends now :) We even almost died together when we accidentally drove into the path of a severe thunderstorm with 2 visible funnel clouds and the storm was moving 80 MPH! IT WAS NUTS!!!

cpvr likes this.
  7. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Damn bro, that's crazy. I remember my parents and I were on a bridge in Florida and a funnel cloud passed by on the water. We thought it was going to wipe us away.