Best Domain Registrar

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Richard, May 30, 2009.

1. Richard

Richard Novice

First Name:
    Richard
    I'm looking to register quite a few domains in bulk. I'm looking for two registrars; one with the best price and another one with great support.
    So far my searches have led to Namecheap. The price is fine, and lots of features are included as well. However GoDaddy is a bit cheaper (and it makes a difference for me as I am registering many domains), so I might go with them for some of my domains that do not need a lot of support.
    Who's your favorite registrar?

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I've used GoDaddy for my 20 to 30 domain names that I have. I believe that there was another thread started with more information on registars. Good luck! :)

3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'd have to say GoDaddy - I've been using them for years and have had only a minor customer support issue with them. Other than that, I can't complain.

4. Richard

Richard Novice

First Name:
    Richard
    Now I see it. Sorry about that...I guess we can change the thread topic to which registrar you find to be the cheapest? Some of these domains I just register for reselling purposes, and it doesn't really need to have anything like WHOIS Guard or other extras.
    And Chris, that's another plus for GoDaddy. So far I'll probably be registering most domains with them, because they are a bit cheaper than Namecheap.

5. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

I have have domains with both godaddy and namecheap. After reading this site though it got me scared. I have found that namecheap is actually cheaper if you find some of their coupons ;)

6. Richard

Richard Novice

First Name:
    Richard
    NoDaddy has literally changed my mind. Some really scary stuff happen with GoDaddy...
    Might as well go with Namecheap. I've only found one coupon so far for May however, and it brings down the price to $8.81. Seems nice. Just bought a couple domains and so far the control panel is a lot more impressive than Yahoo's.

7. Chris

Chris Regular Member

To be honest, Richard, I think you're reading a bit "too" much into what's being said on that propaganda-based website. Of course, I've never had any problems... so I'm a bit biased.

8. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

hahaha I have never had any issues either, but it just makes you wonder. The majority of my domains are held with godaddy.

I will say however I really really like how namecheap's admin panel is set up.

9. Chris

Chris Regular Member

How is it when compared to GoDaddy's? The green and black color scheme is wearing on me... :P

10. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

Compared to godaddy? A million times better. Just seems easier, more logical. Also not everything you do opens in new damn windows!!! :mad2:

11. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'll have to check them out, then. :P

12. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    DynaDot LLC, NameCheap - just to name a few. :)

13. Richard

Richard Novice

First Name:
    Richard
    DynaDot was another of my favorites, however unlike Namecheap it had a confusing system in place, with all their transaction numbers and domain listing.
    Namecheap's control panel is really easy to use. Took me five minutes to add CNS records and setup nameservers. Also propagates faster than most...in 30 minutes it's already changed. :)

14. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I agree. When you consult a congregation of anti-whatevers, you can't expect to read any positives. What you need is an unbiased group; i.e. AdminAddict. :D

15. Green Cat

Green Cat Adept

I almost always used DomainSite, it is cheap and reliable, never had any problems with them.

16. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I've never heard of them. I just checked them out and their prices aren't bad. $8.88/year with $0.50 for hidden WHOIS data.

17. Bundy

Bundy Admin Talk Staff

About the same as namecheap...$8.81 with free hidden data.

Also with godaddy if you buy over 5 domain you get free hidden WHOIS data with all.

18. Chris

Chris Regular Member

To be honest (and also blunt), I couldn't care less about the prices. What I do care about, however, is the control/administrative interface... and I'm getting rather sick of GoDaddy's. :P

19. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I'm quite the opposite in this case. But If I was substantially wealthy, I'd be in the same boat as you.
    For now though, every penny counts. ;)

20. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Nick, I'm sure that you mentioned this somewhere earlier in the thread (or maybe not), but do you host any domains with GoDaddy? If so, what are your thoughts on their administrative interface?