Behavior after temporary bans

Discussion in 'Member and Staff Management' started by Soliloquy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

If members have been behaving badly enough to warrant a temporary ban, do you find they come back better behaved or angered to the point where they soon earn themselves a permanent ban? Or do they not come back at all?

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Some change and start behaving, some others continue and get perma, and some others leave xD But come back in a couple of weeks. :D

3. David

David Regular Member

I dont offer temporary bans so I'm not sure how they'd act.

My thoughts are if they are constantly causing a problem and need a ban, its obvisous they need a perma ban before anything else.

4. Abomination

Abomination Zealot

That is one of the main reasons I do not use infractions or temp bans. How would they react when they return.

5. alley

alley Newcomer

No, it's all good. Temp bans usually work because more than likely they really like your website/forum if they took the time to register and post.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

On my forum, I have only had to issue two temporary bans and in both cases, they never came back. They felt that they didn't deserve the ban and thought they would be hurting me by not coming back. :rolleyes:

I've experienced misbehavior after giving only an infraction in the past. After the infraction, the member made sarcastic remarks in posts ("Maybe I shouldn't say this or I will get another infraction") and ultimately almost deserved a ban.

7. torque

torque Regular Member

I use temporary and permanent bans... some people come back and make the effort - and for the ones who are at least making the effort yet fall of the wagon every now and then i have alot more leaniency for.... however others come back and continue doing their same thing and so i introduce them to mr permi ban!